Tartan Army Message Board closing down

Lurkst

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you compare the scenes at the Euros with supports like Hungary, Iceland or even Northern Ireland it's clear that the 'solicitors on a stag weekend', doh a deer, Tartan Army footsoldiers are old hat.

Hopefully the closure of the TAMB marks the end of the back-slapping and celebration of failure that the Tartan Army stand for.

Scots slang = w****r but Gealic user names are OK? 
As a user of the TAMB for over 10 years I can honestly say there's only 1 or 2 posters who've used Scots slang, ever. 
I'd say you're factually inaccurate. 

My username is the gaelic for Stenhousemuir, the club I support. I chose it because it was a bit different from 'Warriors supporter' or the like.

Even though from time to time, most people use slang words (including myself), 12 years of schooling plus 10+ years of university/work mean that I, and most other people are used to typing in proper English. Actually typing in scots slang is less natural and more difficult.

Having read the TAMB for several years before I stopped, it was far more than 1 or 2 people who did it.

51 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

My username is the gaelic for Stenhousemuir, the club I support. I chose it because it was a bit different from 'Warriors supporter' or the like.

Even though from time to time, most people use slang words (including myself), 12 years of schooling plus 10+ years of university/work mean that I, and most other people are used to typing in proper English. Actually typing in scots slang is less natural and more difficult.

Having read the TAMB for several years before I stopped, it was far more than 1 or 2 people who did it.

Not everyone has the same educational background. Scots is actually a distinct dialect in a similar way to Scouse etc. Just because we dont like it doesn't mean it's not natural for others. Try speaking to a born and bred Dundonian about your network support. There's no English involved. 

And with 30+ years of University and work experience I'm now feeling ancient. :unsure:. Thanks for making me think of that. ;)

13 hours ago, Lurkst said:

What are you doing in the Tartan Army forum then?

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

See its not really a Tartan Army Forum; that closed down. It's a TA thread on the P&B forum

This

Archived