New Football Memories Group Being Launched In Barrhead

Brig O'Lea

Just spreading the word around folk.  A new football memories group is being launched next week with support from Football Memories Scotland, Alzheimer Scotland and Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire.  As well as general Scottish football, we'll be including junior football, in particular Neilston Juniors and Arthurlie.  Both clubs fully support this initiative.

poster.jpg

If you want any old Junior programmes to stir memories, and I know we've got a fair few 'Lie ones in our club shop, just let me know and you're welcome to have some. Have done something similar with the group down Auchinleck way and it's a superb idea.

Is there a website link for this ? We have a former manager who suffers from Alzheimers and his family would be very interested in this, as they tell me he loves to talk about and look at junior football memories from his time in the game.

Peter, let me get back to you on it, Thursday is our first meeting so will decide there on the response we get when and how often we hold the groups and I will let you know as soon as we are in a position to release a fixture list shall we say!

If I am free on Thursday morning I'll drop in for a wee visit.  I jointly organize the Irvine Meadow Wednesday Club (guess what day it meets!) at Meadow Park.   Our club isn't an alzheimers group, though he have been working with Jim Baird of Alzheimer Scotland, who runs the Kilmarnock Memories Group.  We begin our second season tomorrow and if we can replicate the success of our first year, we will be delighted.  It might be useful to exchange ideas and I'll certainly be interested in seeing your group getting set up.  Good luck in your new venture - it's most certainly very worthwhile.

By the way, if anyone wants to drop in to our group at Meadow Park tomorrow afternoon (2-4 p.m. 13th September) they will be made very welcome.  :-)

Poster.JPG

On 12/09/2017 at 15:50, poity_uk said:

If I am free on Thursday morning I'll drop in for a wee visit.  I jointly organize the Irvine Meadow Wednesday Club (guess what day it meets!) at Meadow Park.   Our club isn't an alzheimers group, though he have been working with Jim Baird of Alzheimer Scotland, who runs the Kilmarnock Memories Group.  We begin our second season tomorrow and if we can replicate the success of our first year, we will be delighted.  It might be useful to exchange ideas and I'll certainly be interested in seeing your group getting set up.  Good luck in your new venture - it's most certainly very worthwhile.

By the way, if anyone wants to drop in to our group at Meadow Park tomorrow afternoon (2-4 p.m. 13th September) they will be made very welcome.  :-)

Poster.JPG

Aye definitely do that if you're around mate.

Archived