Breakfast thread

ICTChris

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Mexican over American. Chilaquiles/huevos rancheros FTW.

Forgot about that, can't remember if it was exactly the same but did the job even with a wild mescal hangover. Delicious.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banana and walnuts at my desk on company time. I also have a shower on company time. I'm up and out the door in 10 mins, no pissing about.

In Glasgow it was always a couple of morning rolls at the weekend. Seen as Edinburgh is incapable of making decent crispy rolls I'm now on a toast, eggs, mushrooms, beans and tattie scone base with square/pudding/haggis to spruce it up.

On 9/8/2017 at 21:25, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

American/Canadian breakfast is better than any 'full UK'

Don't be silly :lol: 

I'd rather have breakfast in McDonalds*.

*I wouldn't, it's shite too.

Always a big rush in the morning. Porridge if I have the time, if not - grab a banana and eat later. Weekends will be poached egg on toast, a croissant or toasted Irish fruit loaf with butter. Have to cool it down though - nothing worse than melted butter.

Quite liked the Greek breakfast on holiday of yoghurt with honey, but something not right about it on a cold morning in Lochee...

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

All the usual breakfast stuff plus pancakes smothered in maple syrup plus crisp streaky bacon is a vote winner IMO (In my opinion)

Pancakes do not belong in a savoury cooked breakfast. Nor do doughnuts, biscuits, ice cream or any other dessert item. 

An extremely straightforward rule to grasp tbh.

Pancakes do not belong in a savoury cooked breakfast. Nor do doughnuts, biscuits, ice cream or any other dessert item. 
An extremely straightforward rule to grasp tbh.

I was recently in Canada and when fellow breakfast guests/waiting staff weren't looking, i took a few gulps of maple syrup direct from the jug.

Reprehensible behaviour I know, but I'd consume vast quantities of pancakes and syrup for any meal. The sames goes for 9% lager though.

Grilled bacon, mashed avocado and a poached egg. If I can't be arsed getting out my bed til the last minute then it's usually a handful of nuts with a glass of milk.

I'm genuinely taken aback at the amount of adults who have children's cereal and sugar-rammed fruit juice for breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Lorne and bacon on a roll. Usual wife wasn’t working in the van. Never as good when the other wife is working.

How many wives do you have?

Summer it's usually yoghurt with granola.
Winter porridge with banana or date extract .
Maybe the Gregg's coffee and roll £2 deal. Only occasionally though.
Weekends at any time of the year my favourite is seeded bread toasted with black pudding and poached eggs.

Weekdays I usually have porridge or Belvita biscuits or a breakfast cereal (today was porridge) when working from home. When working on sites I usually get a hot roll, a sandwich or similar. Sundays I have homemade pancakes topped with fried eggs (soft yolks of course) and smoked bacon.

Depends where I am. If I'm in my own house, I'll be up early enough to have porridge or cereal and juice before heading out. If I'm at the girlfriends, it'll be toast in the office and a yogurt or sometimes a cheeky croissant if I fancy it.

Friday is bacon roll run. Albeit the place we go to has chanced their rolls so I don't bother anymore, it would have been a lorne and tattie scone today if I had one.

Weekends is usually just lots of toast lavished with butter, jam and occasionally dairylee if I'm feeling extra fancy. [emoji23]

Archived