Breakfast thread

ICTChris

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always ask to have the beans removed from my fry up as i don't want the juices running off on my lovely bacon and sausage. 

I like to have the choice when to mix bean juice, much like the great Partridge.

Full cooked breakfast on the menu tomorrow after this

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

American/Canadian breakfast is better than any 'full UK'

Canadian is, American is shite. Pancakes properly made with butter and maple syrup drizzling all over the place and bacon sandwiched between is glorious. Grits, eggs and ground up offal or stale doughnuts is the best America has offered me.

1 minute ago, Finch road said:

I like to have the choice when to mix bean juice, much like the great Partridge.

Full cooked breakfast on the menu tomorrow after this

Each to their own.

I went a good 10 years eating bacon and sausages and white bread every morning before work, had to change it a little bit as the indigestion and heartburn became too much. Think you can have a fry up once a week at the weekend though!

On 07/09/2017 at 21:09, ICTChris said:

My favourite meal is breakfast.  What do P&Bers favour for breakfast?  I try to vary it, espeically when I work later as I have a bit more time in the mornings.

the other day I had a bowl of Greek yoghurt with fruit, very nice and refreshing.

Today I made scrambled eggs and stirred in some grilled mackerel, excellent and filling.

I also like porridge, with a bit of peanut butter stirred through or maybe some Skyr and blueberries.  If I'm pressed for time I'll grab a bowl of muesli.

Share your breakfast ideas here.

Kelloggs Krave is banging its full of sugar but still. Always have a glass of orange juice as well, don't understand people who don't eat breakfast.

25 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

American/Canadian breakfast is better than any 'full UK'

You fucking think so?

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:14, kilbowie2002 said:

Once made the rookie mistake of going to a 'scottish restaurant' in Boston, they advertised that they did a Scottish breakfast including square sausage and 'tattie scones'. It was fucking awful, the square sausage was pork, and the tattie scones hadnt even slept with a tottie. The bacon was yon disgusting american crap but really thick, just generally crap. All these yanks going 'oh i love how authentic it is' etc etc, utterly shite, stuck to pancakes after that. 4de7f368d5e62400a03db6bf36524399.jpg Took a picture for reference.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:41, kilbowie2002 said:

They put that Scottish staple pineapple on the right. The brown squares are the alleged tottie scones which had chives inside. The monstrosity on the left is the square sausage.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:56, Estragon said:

Will report back with further findings.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:58, Boostin' Kev said:

Can't wait.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:00, Estragon said:

I'm afraid you'll have to Kevin. Analysis such as this will inevitably take time so as to gain a true understanding of the trend in isolation of other variables.

Also we only eat breakfast once a day, so this could run and run...

32 minutes ago, throbber said:

I always ask to have the beans removed from my fry up as i don't want the juices running off on my lovely bacon and sausage. 

Wouldn't it make more sense just to ask them not to put any beans on in the first place?

Alpen. I blame Lenny Henry, for this and a great many other things. Lately I've been grabbing a roll and links on the way to work, though. Deeply unpatriotic behaviour, I know.

I do like a kipper, but they've turned my stomach any time I've tried to eat one in the morning. Clearly the fish eaters aren't getting in enough serious drinking come evening time.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Alpen. I blame Lenny Henry, for this and a great many other things. Lately I've been grabbing a roll and links on the way to work, though. Deeply unpatriotic behaviour, I know.

I do like a kipper, but they've turned my stomach any time I've tried to eat one in the morning. Clearly the fish eaters aren't getting in enough serious drinking come evening time.

Image result for sid james gifs

Archived