Breakfast thread

ICTChris

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last few days I've been having eggs on toast from the work canteen as I'm on earlies and don't have time to make anything before I leave the house.  Today I was feeling hungry so I had a couple of slices of smoked bacon as well, very nice.

I was down in London for the NFL game on Sunday and had a fairly horrific breakfast experience.  We'd booked into a B&B not far from Heathrow, it was pretty cheap so wasn't expecting luxury just a place to sleep and a breakfast.  Went down on Sunday morning and there were two options - Cooked or Continental.   The Cooked didn't have any bacon and specified beef sausages, which I think might have been due to the religion of the chef and I wasn't that keen on having eggs and beans so I went for a 'continental'.  Not sure which continent they meant as we were delivered a bowl of cornflakes and two pieces of toast.  To me a continental breakfast implies croissant and coffee, maybe with some rolls and cheese.  My fellow traveler asked for some scrambled eggs as well and after some humming and hawing, the chef delivered it although it was slightly ruined by the presence of a rogue hair in the middle of the plate.

How difficult can it be to put on a decent breakfast in a guest house?  Pretty difficult.  

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Last few days I've been having eggs on toast from the work canteen as I'm on earlies and don't have time to make anything before I leave the house.  Today I was feeling hungry so I had a couple of slices of smoked bacon as well, very nice.

I was down in London for the NFL game on Sunday and had a fairly horrific breakfast experience.  We'd booked into a B&B not far from Heathrow, it was pretty cheap so wasn't expecting luxury just a place to sleep and a breakfast.  Went down on Sunday morning and there were two options - Cooked or Continental.   The Cooked didn't have any bacon and specified beef sausages, which I think might have been due to the religion of the chef and I wasn't that keen on having eggs and beans so I went for a 'continental'.  Not sure which continent they meant as we were delivered a bowl of cornflakes and two pieces of toast.  To me a continental breakfast implies croissant and coffee, maybe with some rolls and cheese.  My fellow traveler asked for some scrambled eggs as well and after some humming and hawing, the chef delivered it although it was slightly ruined by the presence of a rogue hair in the middle of the plate.

How difficult can it be to put on a decent breakfast in a guest house?  Pretty difficult.  

NFL? You don't deserve breakfast.

Bacon roll with Brown Sauce (HP) and a coffee for £2 at Greggs has become a bit of a habit of late. Doing it again tomorrow.

Didn’t realise Greggs was still open at this time! Coffee and a bacon roll for £2 is fair going though

Mrs Nutz kindly makes me overnight oats to take to work with me each day (struggle to eat before 9am).  
Oats, yoghurt and bananas in layers and stick in the fridge overnight.   Trying to lose some lbs so eating this for brunch and having a light dinner- works well and no real hunger.

I have the overnight oats every morning.
Do mines with blueberries, strawberrys, grapes with low fat strawberry yoghurt.
Keeps me full till lunch when I have my salmon/ham or chicken salad.
Lost nearly 2 stone in a couple of months.
Previously on a Saturday morning I could eat a pound of sausages, 6 bacon, 4 pudding, 2 eggs with four slice of bread and still have room for more [emoji50]

Usually a porridge pot and a banana. I don't even like porridge that much, but it's good for you and requires the least amount of effort to make when I get to work. The aforementioned Greggs deal is indeed a topper - although the Buchannan St branch has been closed for ages now which is probably a blessing in disguise.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Didn’t realise Greggs was still open at this time! Coffee and a bacon roll for £2 is fair going though

This is before 11 

Not a bad deal. 

You can get what Gregg's call omlette as well for no extra cost on the breakfast roll. Just need to ask 

This is before 11 
Not a bad deal. 
You can get what Gregg's call omlette as well for no extra cost on the breakfast roll. Just need to ask 

Sounds good! I’ll never make it to a Greggs in the next twenty minutes, tomorrow maybe though [emoji57]

Usually a porridge pot and a banana. I don't even like porridge that much, but it's good for you and requires the least amount of effort to make when I get to work. The aforementioned Greggs deal is indeed a topper - although the Buchannan St branch has been closed for ages now which is probably a blessing in disguise.

If by porridge pot you mean instant porridge then that isn't really good for you at all.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Two scrambled egg rolls and a coffee this morning at a wanky conference I was at.

Think it’ll be banana mashed on toast and a cup of coffee before I leave the house tomorrow morning.

Banana on toast is a fucking delicacy.

There should be Cafe's.

Archived