Breakfast thread

ICTChris

My favourite meal is breakfast.  What do P&Bers favour for breakfast?  I try to vary it, espeically when I work later as I have a bit more time in the mornings.

the other day I had a bowl of Greek yoghurt with fruit, very nice and refreshing.

Today I made scrambled eggs and stirred in some grilled mackerel, excellent and filling.

I also like porridge, with a bit of peanut butter stirred through or maybe some Skyr and blueberries.  If I'm pressed for time I'll grab a bowl of muesli.

Share your breakfast ideas here.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Occasionally in the morning I'll have a bowl of golden syrup porridge. This is strictly during working hours, though. Folk who spend shit loads of time in the morning making up stuff are lunatics.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I wake up and 45 minutes later I'm at my desk.

I would rather sleep than eat a fucking fish in the morning.

^^^ Knows the score.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Overnight oats.

My wife always used to have overnight oats but since she became pregnant she's started eating weetabix in the morning, topped with flaked almonds and blueberries.

When I was a kid breaktfast was cornflakes and toast and was fairly boring.  I did used to like all the family getting together around the breakfast table though, talking about our day and listening to the Today programme.  I hope to continue that when my kid is born but I'll probably just end up running around in a mess with my pants on eating a pop tart and swearing.

Bran flakes, blueberries, mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds. And a banana, maybe a yoghurt.

People who miss their breakfast to get to work are mental. You're there long enough as it is. f**k up and boil an egg ya b*****d.

Don't leave the house without having a bowl of cereal in the morning. Sets you up just great for the day ahead. Weetos or coco pops are my favourite (big kid I know) but Frosties, sheeddies, weetabix all do the trick.

If me and the wife ever have a weekend/night away somewhere it's always the breakfast I look forward too. Can't beat a cooked breakfast in a hotel, preferably buffet style so I can fill my fat belly with as much as I like!

I really don't like breakfast cereals.

Weetabix is the exception, most of them are very high in sugar and salt.  I also think it's difficult to get the balance between milk and cereal right, you always end up witha  bowl full of mlk or loads of cereal.

The thought of it actually repulses me a bit.

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Bran flakes, blueberries, mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds. And a banana, maybe a yoghurt.

People who miss their breakfast to get to work are mental. You're there long enough as it is. f**k up and boil an egg ya b*****d.

Having breakfast at work, having a shit and getting your haircut in company time is an unwritten ground rule.

Archived