Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

All the more disappointing after the great performance at Beith when the team showed what they are capable of.We could have played all day yesterday without scoring as the game looked way beyond us the minute we went 2 down.

Some nice comments from the pollok fans on here tbh not bitter or blaming the ref or anything else. If only some of our fans could be like that. Lugar next keep it up boys. Proud to be a bankie

Mon the papers

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we more than deserved it yesterday, our players just looked far more up for it.

The playing surface wasn’t great and Pollok really didn’t adapt to that at all, even with that they weren’t really close to matching Clydebank in terms of effort and determination.

I was surprised at how easily we closed the game out, especially after missing that penalty. Both Centre halves were outstanding and Shelvey and Watt both had the Pollok back line panicking any time they went at them.

Hopefully the win will give us the boost we need to start picking up points in the league. If not, at least winning a cup means our season won’t have been a complete disaster.

Thought we more than deserved it yesterday, our players just looked far more up for it.
The playing surface wasn’t great and Pollok really didn’t adapt to that at all, even with that they weren’t really close to matching Clydebank in terms of effort and determination.
I was surprised at how easily we closed the game out, especially after missing that penalty. Both Centre halves were outstanding and Shelvey and Watt both had the Pollok back line panicking any time they went at them.
Hopefully the win will give us the boost we need to start picking up points in the league. If not, at least winning a cup means our season won’t have been a complete disaster.

Well said ross totally agree with everything u said.

Mon the papers

18 hours ago, theshed said:

Exactly and if the hosts / beaks or whoever else can't get a whiteboard / piece of A4 paper and write teams on it then they shouldn't be deserving of a final or deserving of running our game ; it's a ten minute job max and sums up our game , totally pathetic tbh

They didnt manage it at the international games so....

Who on the League Management Committee was in charge of Communications on Sunday?

Why were the general public given no access to the teams?

Who decided 200 programmes would be sufficient to satisfy demand?

Who was in charge of catering facilities on Sunday?

Complete and utter effing shambles from beginning to end........

3 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Who on the League Management Committee was in charge of Communications on Sunday?

You may be interested to know that the programmes were produced by ..... Clydebank FC :P

1 minute ago, archieb said:

You may be interested to know that the programmes were produced by ..... Clydebank FC :P

Must admit there didn't seem to be any shortage of programmes when I arrived.

Received wisdom is to produce one for every three spectators you're expecting, so with a crowd of 900 odd, 300 would seem the optimal number. At finals and Scottish Cup games you will see an influx of collector types who will hoover up multiple copies though, so there's always the chance you'll run out. I heard recently Rossvale's entire programme run at home to Greenock in the Scottish got snaffled long before kickoff by less than a dozen collectors present.

Editors can't win - if they do too many, they've fucked up and if they do too few, they've fucked up.

Moral of the story is if you're desperate for one get there that wee bit earlier.

The whole running of finals like this does make the grade look very poor.A bit of thought and professionalism before the event by the Region would help a lot-as it was they couldn't even get a venue right first attempt!!

Announcements/pa,team information,some music,slick and plentiful catering-must have missed it lol!!

28 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

The whole running of finals like this does make the grade look very poor.A bit of thought and professionalism before the event by the Region would help a lot-as it was they couldn't even get a venue right first attempt!!

Announcements/pa,team information,some music,slick and plentiful catering-must have missed it lol!!

Not having an alarm go off throughout the game is all I ask for.

Camby missed a trick not having cheerleaders, HT entertainment, someone from bbc Alba to record it.

Absolute shambles

1 hour ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

I'll answer the programme part for you I decided 200 as the last time we met Pollok in the final I got 300 and was left with 80 after the game . Hope this answers your question

Archived