Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A decent crowd expected then I'm taking it??

A trophy is s trophy. I know if it was my own Club we'd be looking to take a good following

Think alot of us bankies fans r just worried how the team r playing and pollok beat us 4-0 a few weeks ago but its a cup final and if the players and management arent geared up for it then maybe best leave the club. I fear for us tbh but like a said its a cup final anything could happen.

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

A trophy is s trophy. I know if it was my own Club we'd be looking to take a good following

Do you think attendance would have been better at Kilsyth or Maryhill in comparison to Cambuslang?

12 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Should be a decent crowd behind Clydebank, the problem right now is the majority of us are expecting a pumping.

Think alot of us bankies fans r just worried how the team r playing and pollok beat us 4-0 a few weeks ago but its a cup final and if the players and management arent geared up for it then maybe best leave the club. I fear for us tbh but like a said its a cup final anything could happen.

Mon the papers

This is the first cup final for Clydebank in around 4 years. This group of players got us there. Granted the team is going through a difficult patch at the moment, but anything can happen in a one-off game. Let’s get all Bankies behind the players as they aim to pull off what would be a famous result!

Do you think attendance would have been better at Kilsyth or Maryhill in comparison to Cambuslang?

Why does that matter? The venue is picked. All fans of both clubs should want to attend it wherever it is - “I’m not sure I’ll watch my team in a final, the venue’s not where I’d have picked....” Fans aren’t being asked to travel to the depths of beyond to take part in this final. Fans of other clubs would bite your hand off to see their team in a final at any venue. Let’s enjoy this one.

53 minutes ago, Shanner said:

thought that Maryhill wouldn't be able to host it due to the expected crowd. Same as with Benburb.

We did the last time they met no bother - think there were about 1050-1100 there.

We're just embarking on a run of FIVE home games at the moment however , the second of which is v Shettleston on Saturday - thanks Scott! -  which I imagine would rule us out though :)

20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

We did the last time they met no bother - think there were about 1050-1100 there.

We're just embarking on a run of FIVE home games at the moment however , the second of which is v Shettleston on Saturday - thanks Scott! -  which I imagine would rule us out though :)

fair enough, I take it the capacity restrictions only applied to BSC then?

It's just nice to be involved in a final and the key thing for Lok is just to achieve consistency in the line up and formation which I think seems to be getting there now.Tony has come in for massive criticism as usual but I think is quietly piecing it together .

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

fair enough, I take it the capacity restrictions only applied to BSC then?

Yeah, after it was licensed it was locked down to a capacity something strangely specific like 630 for their games. The only time they even came within an order of magnitude of getting near that figure was the Cup tie against Talbot though.

It's just nice to be involved in a final and the key thing for Lok is just to achieve consistency in the line up and formation which I think seems to be getting there now.Tony has come in for massive criticism as usual but I think is quietly piecing it together .

Well done sir in getting tony and quietly into the same sentence. Thats some going lol

Mon the papers

17 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Well done sir in getting tony and quietly into the same sentence. Thats some going lol

Mon the papers

Right enough-he is passionate and like many sometimes gets carried away.But he works incredibly hard for Lok as do the backroom staff and that is too often forgotten by fans when they are dishing out abuse in his direction.

Right enough-he is passionate and like many sometimes gets carried away.But he works incredibly hard for Lok as do the backroom staff and that is too often forgotten by fans when they are dishing out abuse in his direction.

I like him as a manager tbh and if fans r gonnie give u abuse then why cant u give it back. I do think he gets caught up with the crowd 2 easily he should worry more about wits happening on the pitch. On paper use probably have the best team in the league our best player from last season cant even get in ur team every week so goes 2 show u tue task we have on sunday.

Mon the papers

It's a Cup Final and teams are always up for them so Lok and Tony will be under no illusion that if we don't give our full efforts and be very professional we won't get a result.Clydebank have been our bogie team in recent years in cup and league so will be treated with the utmost respect.

We're just embarking on a run of FIVE home games at the moment however , the second of which is v Shettleston on Saturday - thanks Scott! -  which I imagine would rule us out though [emoji4]

No really, we were scheduled to play Renfrew at home this weekend so he does what he does best, just changed it to an away game.

Archived