Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its outrageous for the diddy cup yes.

I get that £8 might be a big chuck of disposable income to some folk but in the wider context of how much watching football costs these days it's a reasonable price for a cup final.  A price bump from the group matches and k/o rounds is standard practice. 

Will it deter neutrals? who knows. I'll probably be along, hangover permitting, and hopefully a few other will as well. 

21 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Do Lang have anything to do with the boozer next door? If not they won't see a penny of bar takings.

I don't think they do - most social clubs are run as separate businesses from the actual clubs these days. I've said it on these threads before, but hosting finals isn't a huge earner; you get 10% of the gate - bear in mind there will be a lot of concessions and kids included in that - and whatever you make on the pie stall.

Even a crowd of c.1000 means a lot of clubs are talking in maybe about as much as they would for a normal home game.

Just now, Hillonearth said:

I don't think they do - most social clubs are run as separate businesses from the actual clubs these days. I've said it on these threads before, but hosting finals isn't a huge earner; you get 10% of the gate - bear in mind there will be a lot of concessions and kids included in that - and whatever you make on the pie stall.

Even a crowd of c.1000 means a lot of clubs are talking in maybe about as much as they would for a normal home game.

Is it not just a pub?

Just now, Hillonearth said:

I think it is these days, but I was under the impression it was an old-school social club at one time, which it still is de facto I suppose.

It certainly was a social club. Lok's Bar and Kitchen at Newlandsfield is now a private entity completely separate from the football club. I understood Sweepers to be a similar thing.

Not sure if bar is owned by Cambuslang. May be wrong.

Sweepers has been a private pub since the early 80's owned by the guy who used to sponsor this cup, Tom Brown. We will get a small percentage of the gate for rental plus the raffle and pie stall,if we have enough volunteers to do everything

Hoping to get home that weekend so if it goes ahead then I will be delighted. At least until we get pumped.

Agree that the price increase is a bit cheeky, though they will justify it by saying the fact it's a cup final means there is added prestige. Wouldn't surprise me if they are having to give Benburb a bung after the f**k up with the original fixture.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hoping to get home that weekend so if it goes ahead then I will be delighted. At least until we get pumped.

Agree that the price increase is a bit cheeky, though they will justify it by saying the fact it's a cup final means there is added prestige. Wouldn't surprise me if they are having to give Benburb a bung after the f**k up with the original fixture.

Maybe Benburb's 'reward' was to get last Thursday night's fixture in the Quadrangular Tournament ... with a crowd of maybe 20?

Wonder what their cut of the takings came to for that?

Archived