Edinburgh City Vs Berwick Rangers

After a boring weekend of internationals...  Real football is back!!!... and two of the top club sides of world football come head to head in a mammoth encounter.... just behind Ainslie Park Leisure centre!!! 

Ya Dancer!  Bring. It. on!!!  :thumsup2

In a way that 60 million people in the UK won't have a clue about, this is a huge game for both clubs.

City desperate for their first points and Berwick looking for a good league start under the new boss.

After last week's hiding by QoS (despite a decent first half) I can see a number of changes. McDonald and Notman should start - Lavery too if fit, and maybe Irving as well. 

No idea what to do with Scullion now. Surely he can only start as a Centre-back or not at all? Personally I'd play 3-5-1-1 but Horn prefers 4-3-3. 

Think Berwick will win this one. Also expect to get stuck in the revolving doors in the Guildford.

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

In a way that 60 million people in the UK won't have a clue about, this is a huge game for both clubs.

City desperate for their first points and Berwick looking for a good league start under the new boss.

After last week's hiding by QoS (despite a decent first half) I can see a number of changes. McDonald and Notman should start - Lavery too if fit, and maybe Irving as well. 

No idea what to do with Scullion now. Surely he can only start as a Centre-back or not at all? Personally I'd play 3-5-1-1 but Horn prefers 4-3-3. 

Think Berwick will win this one. Also expect to get stuck in the revolving doors in the Guildford.

It's a little known fact that the revolving doors in the Guildford are the original entrance to the manager's office at Shielfield Park. Also if you go round them more than three times very fast a magical portal opens up and transports you to a mystical dark land of orcs and foul creatures. Or Cumbernauld as its known. 

Bad enough that the blameless Fleming is dropped for the useless Scullion; bad enough that the hapless McKenna keeps his place; bad enough that a new manager can suck the remaining team spirit from a squad...

Arguing amongst themselves? 1 up front? Strolling around with 20 mins to go? Hopelessly passing to the opposition and a shite opposition at that?

And if you read that Scullion hit the post in the 90th minute, it's true. He missed the ball, and nutted the post, the big clueless lump.

But nothing, nothing at all was as bad as watching Robbie Horn and his crew approaching the ref at full time and slagging her off as if it was her fault. 

Robbie's behaviour was pathetic. 

What a disgrace of a performance.

7 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Bad enough that the blameless Fleming is dropped for the useless Scullion; bad enough that the hapless McKenna keeps his place; bad enough that a new manager can suck the remaining team spirit from a squad...

Arguing amongst themselves? 1 up front? Strolling around with 20 mins to go? Hopelessly passing to the opposition and a shite opposition at that?

And if you read that Scullion hit the post in the 90th minute, it's true. He missed the ball, and nutted the post, the big clueless lump.

But nothing, nothing at all was as bad as watching Robbie Horn and his crew approaching the ref at full time and slagging her off as if it was her fault. 

Robbie's behaviour was pathetic. 

What a disgrace of a performance.

Yeah, agree it was harsh dropping fleming. Thought result was harsh on berwick tho. And I thought McKenna did well aside from missing a good chance. I also thought berwick played some decent stuff for 25 mins of the first half. It was a scrappy second half. City sat in and  dug in and were hard to break down. 

Redcar, come on you're better than that. Marty you're a grade one bell end.

Robbie doesn't have a magic wand, he implemented a new system that will take time. For me McKenna really thrived in his new role, shame Lavery spat the dummy out from an early stage, a player going through the motions, he is one of a number that needs shifted on. 

Robbie made positive changes throughout the match(one enforced through injury) but we finished with a stronger X1 than we  started with. 

Not sure about your comment about sucking the motivation from the team.

i told people close to me why we would get beat yesterday and so it proved. Changes take time.

Robbie can't win with his choice of central defenders, there all not good enough, it's a case of picking the least bad.

On my exit from the ground, I heard every word of the managers conversation with the assistant referee, nothing said was embarrassing.

We are shit with thanks to the ex manager and his failure to address the teams weak points. It's a case of struggling through until Jan and give the new manger a chance to make changes. 

Just remember Robbie struggled when he first arrived as a player, he also struggled badly in his early days at Bonnyrigg. Both situations turned out nicely and I have confidence this one will follow a similar script. 

Robbie Horns black and gold army. 

Ps His only signing has been MON in his first two games.

Archived