Stirling Albion v Clyde

It's funny to me though that McNeill is criticised for a lack of loyalty, when the most unloyal "player" we had last year had a fund created for him, some clowns even making him out to be one of the finest players to EVER wear the jersey.

When in reality he played ten games, was unfortunately injured, had his operation paid for at great expense to the club in current climate, then refused to prove himself. Not to mention the alleged unrest he caused in dressing rooms, public disturbances caused off the pitch , and asking club for more money at every single opportunity.

McNeill may have felt his future lay elsewhere and that is/was his prerogative, but I would have him WAY down the list of those who could be accused of not repaying the clubs faith.

We should boo Easton when we play Forfar. I'm always up for a good boo.

It's a benefit of supporting Clyde that I've had plenty of practice.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AgentDaleCooper said:

Must admit to a complete indifference to players who move on in most cases. In the case of those now at Stirling - yes Peaso may be a class act, but in the twilight and I wouldn't swap ANY striker in the league(Rory M at Peterhead included) for Goodwillie. McNeil was a decent player, but also very prone to monumental brain farts. A fully fit Duffie could and should be a more than adequate replacement/improvement.

It's funny to me though that McNeill is criticised for a lack of loyalty, when the most unloyal "player" we had last year had a fund created for him, some clowns even making him out to be one of the finest players to EVER wear the jersey.

When in reality he played ten games, was unfortunately injured, had his operation paid for at great expense to the club in current climate, then refused to prove himself. Not to mention the alleged unrest he caused in dressing rooms, public disturbances caused off the pitch , and asking club for more money at every single opportunity.

McNeill may have felt his future lay elsewhere and that is/was his prerogative, but I would have him WAY down the list of those who could be accused of not repaying the clubs faith.

amazed the media haven't been more on your back about goodwillie

McNeil was overrated. To paraphrase David W post about Currie, once a myth is created, its easy for that to become "fact".
He was part of one of the worst defences to play for one of the worst Clyde teams ever.

Good riddance

For someone that Clyde fans say was over rated and delighted to see the back of.....they haven't half gone on about him over the past 2-3 months.

Don't think i have ever mentioned him at all, don't really care one way or the other about McNeil. Had some decent games but also  had some poor games last seson, can't undrstand why any Clyde fan is getting their nickers in a twist about him.

Out of curiosity how has he played this season for Stirling?

Have a look on the Clyde thread.

I've no idea what Stirling Albion fans are saying on their thread. It wouldn't interest me. I'd imagine there would be screeds of comment on McNeil going missing for Goodwillie's goal but I don't know.

Anyway why shouldn't we talk about McNeil at the time he was leaving Clyde. Some were disappointed he was leaving the club, some not so.

You also should realise that the last two weeks before the Stirling game we had international break and had no match. Anything Clyde related was fair comment given the boredom of a free Saturday...even McNeil.

Out of curiosity how has he played this season for Stirling?

I think he's been pretty good overall. He gets forward when needed, can defend to a reasonable standard and has a cracking delivery. I'm a fan of McNeil tbh.

44 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I think he's been pretty good overall. He gets forward when needed, can defend to a reasonable standard and has a cracking delivery. I'm a fan of McNeil tbh.

Maybe if he used properly he could be a decent player, Ferguson had him playing all over the place.

Must admit to a complete indifference to players who move on in most cases. In the case of those now at Stirling - yes Peaso may be a class act, but in the twilight and I wouldn't swap ANY striker in the league(Rory M at Peterhead included) for Goodwillie. McNeil was a decent player, but also very prone to monumental brain farts. A fully fit Duffie could and should be a more than adequate replacement/improvement.

Clowns that's a new one for fans who have different opinion [emoji23]

14 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Clowns that's a new one for fans who have different opinion emoji23.png

Out of all I said, that's what you picked up on?

From your years and years of experience I'm surmising you wouldn't rate Easton as one of the best to ever pull on a Clyde Jersey?

Or do you want to just reply to every post with your obligatory smiley face?

:lol:

Out of all I said, that's what you picked up on?
From your years and years of experience I'm surmising you wouldn't rate Easton as one of the best to ever pull on a Clyde Jersey?

Or do you want to just reply to every post with your obligatory smiley face?

[emoji38]

Would say Easton is one of best players we have had for a number of years had he stayed fit along with lowden I think we would have made an impact in the league

As for the lack of loyalty well works both ways

Anyway he is gone and DGW is clearly our talisman and an even more important player

Archived