Brechin v Bairns - Basement Battle

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's really funny fans of other clubs twisting the knife on here.

Cannot complain though as we would do exactly the same. That's why it's great supporting clubs like ours even when things are going good you know you are just one defeat or the loss of your best player away from a massive dunt in the chuckies.

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Cannot complain though as we would do exactly the same. That's why it's great supporting clubs like ours even when things are going good you know you are just one defeat or the loss of your best player away from a massive dunt in the chuckies.

That's a contender for the most passive aggressive post ever tbh. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That wasn't the bod that was may resigning though. When was the last time we sacked a manager? Houston may take the hint and decide times up but I can't see the bod taking action.any time soon.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think we need to try something and if the chants don't work we need to stay away. Breaks my heart doing it but the only thing that will put the fear into the likes of Ritchie, Miller etc is empty stands as make no mistake loss of income is something they do understand.

To be fair I wasn't being serious

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So why would they suddenly give the next manager a war chest to spend on players having done nothing as we got relegated? Surely that doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying that totten didn't have a tight budget I'm saying that McCall had a very similar budget and did a lot better with it. Totten should've stepped down that season to save his dignity especially if he felt he was being shafted over the budget.

It was hardly a war chest, but did you even look at the two starting squads, there is about 8 players on buttons in the Totten one. McCall added a few in the early weeks of the season to his also and halfway through whereas Totten got the loan market to play with where the loan market in those days was as costly as it is now, the Lee Mair expenses only the example

Totten was clearly sent out to fail by having to depend on Kerr, Miller, Rennie, Hill, Morris,Waddell, Rodgers,Deuchars, McStay and you could add 19yr old Mair all to do jobs that they weren't ready for.

The owners of our club definitely lost a penny and found a pound the day Airdrie went bust and realised they had to back McCall, not with a war chest but back him and not throw him to the sharks like they did with Totten

Interested to see how Ryan McGeever does over the course of the season, he's limited but he knows it and plays within those limitations. He's constantly vocal as well. Put him next to someone a bit more cultured and I reckon he could do a turn for us next year.

I always thought mcgeever was alright. No nonsense, get the ball clear, no messing about centre half, puts his head in where it hurts. A wee bit rough around the edges and likely to get sent off a few times in his career but always tried like a bear.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Doesn't help when your manager is disrespectful against any team he  plays.  Kind of works as an incentive for the opposition.  

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Interested to see how Ryan McGeever does over the course of the season, he's limited but he knows it and plays within those limitations. He's constantly vocal as well. Put him next to someone a bit more cultured and I reckon he could do a turn for us next year.

Think he has ambitions beyond first division next year

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

I always thought mcgeever was alright. No nonsense, get the ball clear, no messing about centre half, puts his head in where it hurts. A wee bit rough around the edges and likely to get sent off a few times in his career but always tried like a bear.

I always remember him as slow as a week in the jail and not the sharpest tool in the box. He had many a chance for us and never really done anything. Sometimes you have to go down the leagues to come back up but I certainly would never have said we made a mistake in punting him as he just wasn't good enough back then.

He's not really featured for us yet a prolonged spell yet due to suspension s , injuries and holidays I think given time him and Crichton will be decent a hard league for them to gel in though .
Without sounding over critical we have to start taking our chances when they come that's possibly 7 pts we ve chucked away now .I m not saying we re better than teams we re playing but Livvy and Falkirk we could have won in the end and Utd away we created a good half dozen chances ..Really need to win next Saturday .. to keep in the mix

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Alright then, get it up you ya shower of c***s. We will be back emoji16.png

Starting to sound like the blue bigots now, how very coincidental. 

Archived