Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

Ayr probably won't sit in which will suit us and we won't sit in which will suit Ayr. This could be a cracker or an absolute shit fest as both teams won't want to lose. We're looking good which is the main thing but Ayr will be up for it of that there is no doubt.

Don't think this'll be aa high scoring as some anticipate. In fact a drab 1-1 might be on the cards.

Many from Ayr making the trip? I'd assume you'll bring enough to have the North Stand opened.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defence really hasn't been tested very much, and our new goalkeeper hasn't been tested at all, so I do expect us to at least concede in this one. All about who gets the lead I think.

The form our front players are in though, you'd have to fancy us. They can't all score every week, but they're certainly trying to.

In all competitive games Ayr have scored 34 goals so far with 13 goals in the league.

In all competitive games Raith have scored 28 goals so far with 12 goals in the league.

So for all that, neither team can really boast a major advantage in front of goal. The reason Rovers are narrowly leading Ayr at this moment can be seen in the respective defences. Ayr have conceded 6 goals to Rovers 2. Yet, I doubt many of our fans would argue defence is our strong point. Davo is always good for conceding a dangerous free kick, and our current goalkeeper has had little to do in two games and kinda flapped at what he had to do in Methil.

Absolute stick on for 0-0 IMHO.

I think these 4 games between the sides this season will have a significant bearing. Taking the '6 pointer logic' the four games offer a '24 pointer' scenario. One team wins all four games that is a 24 point swing. Any team manages that you would think will win the league.

Form-wise we are just in front but both teams will know this is an early 'title clash' which should make the game pretty even. Hoping our form strikers give us the edge.

Also Ayr fans, get yourselves along to the Raith suite located in the main stand before the game. Opens at 12:30, you can drink right up until kick off, 35ml spirits, what more can you ask for?

I think these 4 games between the sides this season will have a significant bearing. Taking the '6 pointer logic' the four games offer a '24 pointer' scenario. One team wins all four games that is a 24 point swing. Any team manages that you would think will win the league.
Form-wise we are just in front but both teams will know this is an early 'title clash' which should make the game pretty even. Hoping our form strikers give us the edge.
Also Ayr fans, get yourselves along to the Raith suite located in the main stand before the game. Opens at 12:30, you can drink right up until kick off, 35ml spirits, what more can you ask for?

Stop making reasonable comments. They are banned from Ayr and Raith match threads don't ya know.

54 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Will the Raith Suite be available to them if they're in the McDermid Stand (if they are, Ayr is a bit of an unsure)? suppose they could get a transfer ticket like folk that go to the South Stand?

14 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Will the Raith Suite be available to them if they're in the McDermid Stand (if they are, Ayr is a bit of an unsure)? suppose they could get a transfer ticket like folk that go to the South Stand?

Good point, but I am under the impression the can just buy the ticket for the McDermaid at the office, show it to get in to the pub, and then take it with them to the turnstyles. Club will no doubt clarify midweek but I am sure that will be the case. 

Think its important to keep our feet on the ground – as pointed out Ayr have scored more goals than ourselves so far this season (and we have been in free-scoring mode as of late so proves how much they have scored) so this will be a tough match.  Whilst there is an element of wind up going on, I hope people don’t go into this game genuinely thinking we will score a barrowload – as I really cant see that being the case.  East Fife and Ross County U20’s were both absolute muck – and it took us late on to get the breakthrough against Forfar.  Even Stranraer gave a pretty good account of themselves early doors. 

Big concern for me is the defence, which is strange as we have only conceded 2 goals in the league (both being good strikes) – however Davidson is generally good for one significant mistake per game – and Smith flapped at what little he had to do against East Fife.

Probably comes down to who scores first.  Both teams have more than enough quality to exploit gaps from the other chasing for an equaliser, so reckon this will be quite a cagey affair. 

If we are still top on Saturday evening ill be delighted – even if it’s a draw.  I expected to go into this game a few points behind after the first few games, so it’s a pleasant surprise.  Even a defeat wont be an absolute disaster if it’s a close game.  This time last year we were flying in the Championship and then went on to collapse and fold – so important both sides keep perspective come full time.*

*Obviously reserve the right to be a gloating/seething mess come 4:45pm on Sat

I dont know what to expect from Ayr, whether they'll come at us, or more likely play it tight given their recent stuttering and our scoring feats. I suspect the latter. If they score first I'd be worried; but if we score first they should be very worried

50 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I hope people don’t go into this game genuinely thinking we will score a barrowload – as I really cant see that being the case.  

I'll be arranging my weekend gambling around it being the case. 

After the last two results I'm glad we've had to sit on our arses for over a week - the players have no excuses not to be ready for this.

That said, If Doc is out then it'll be a huge struggle for us in midfield. I predict a loss for Ayr, albeit narrow.

Archived