Result of the day

jimbaxters

Winton with 9 men the full 2nd half. Discipline letting them down

Not so much indiscipline but lack of a competent referee. A young boy out his depth. Straight red for a standard tackle, which when seen on video will show nothing in it. Overreaction from Lugar bench who all jumped onto pitch and ref panicked. Only deserved red for discipline was for mouthing but given circumstances hardly surprising.
Ref also awarded Lugar a penalty when should have been foul the other way and disallowed a perfectly good goal from Winton. If this is the standard of refs coming through, god help us all.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rinty Doyle said:

Not so much indiscipline but lack of a competent referee. A young boy out his depth. Straight red for a standard tackle, which when seen on video will show nothing in it. Overreaction from Lugar bench who all jumped onto pitch and ref panicked. Only deserved red for discipline was for mouthing but given circumstances hardly surprising.
Ref also awarded Lugar a penalty when should have been foul the other way and disallowed a perfectly good goal from Winton. If this is the standard of refs coming through, god help us all.

The disallowed Winton goal was offside I was in line with it.  I was not placed to comment on the straight red and complete indiscipline resulted in the second player being double yellowed and then seeing red. I could agree the Lugar penalty was a soft award. Winton could have caught Lugar twice on the break playing with nine as Lugar huffed and puffed and the winning goal was a fluke -a scuffed shot that took a double deflection caught the keeper wrong footed and crawled in but a young Lugar side will be delighted with the points

Just now, manintheknow said:

I'd give it to Pollok. I didn't see a realistic way back for them if they lost at the Buffs which is a very hard venue. So Tony and his team deserve credit for winning a pressure game.

Was expecting the Buffs to get something out of it 

Ksh 3-0 win at jeanfield after last weeks thumping from Bo'ness. Pretty much dominated the games and the score line didn't flatter them

When the BU's crushed Kennoway Star Hearts 0-6 last week I thought they would struggle @ Jeanfield but fair play to KSH turning things around do quickly.

I'd give it to Pollok. I didn't see a realistic way back for them if they lost at the Buffs which is a very hard venue. So Tony and his team deserve credit for winning a pressure game.

Where did they Stefan McLuskey from? Seems a very good player from the highlights.

c

Can only speak about what I saw, despite an absolute ring piece of a referee Darvel v Cumbernauld was (1) a superb game and (2) an unexpected but pleasurable result (3) the fud with the car horn seriously needs a talking to (4) thanks to the United boys for soldiering on until the final whistle.....especially Mr Winters today 

I think indiscipline cost Winton the game.Certain Winton players should have look at themselves because that's what cost Winton the game and not the referee

Craigmark going to Ardeer and coming away with an emphatic win to put them top of the league, deserves a mention.

Wouldn't say that's much of a surprise though as many people have backed Craigmark to have a good season and have started off very well. Nice to see them turn it around at Dalmellington as it didn't look that way for a while. Well done to everyone involved.

2 minutes ago, IrvineVicsMan said:

Wouldn't say its result of the day but definitely worth a mention that Maybole with a great result at home to AWR who are favourites for the league.

Great result for Maybole but Winton have now lost two on the bounce

Archived