Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

We were absolutely shite in the first half. Dunfermline looked a very good side and deserved the lead. Couldn't see us coming back into the game at all at half time. Got the early goal in tje second half and it was game on. We really came into the game from there. Harkins and Quitongo made a real difference. Would have been happy with a draw so delighted with the win.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smpar said:

On his was out at the back of the stand immediately after the third.

What a piece of shit. I despise that shit.

3 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Find them everywhere sadly. Raging wee men who embarrass themselves over a game of football.

Yup. Very, very sad stuff

12 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

That's twice I've decided to work overtime instead of going to the game, today and the 5-0 win at QOTS last season. Think I might do this more often :lol: 

I did overtime AND went to the game today so I guess this goes down as a good day's work.

Very strange game of football today. Morton started well enough but then we bossed it and but for some poor decision making we could have been 3 or 4 up. I don't think Morton were that bad really, despite the booing from the Cowshed. Thought I was watching St Mirren for a a minute.

Second half was a disaster for us - Morris selling the jerseys early on led to us losing the plot entirely and Morton were by far the better team. As soon as the free kick was set we all knew it was a goal - Murdoch seems suspect at direct free kicks - and from then on we were hanging on a bit (although we had a couple of good chances ourselves).

It's hard to begrudge Morton the win given their second half performance but the manner of it means it's a hard one to take. We're used to berating refs as fans for giving those type of fouls when they're a bit soft but to not give it when there was a clear jump into Martin (and a leading elbow on top of that) is baffling. The ref was poor to both sides though and we should never have been in a position where a decision like that could be so important. Lots of teams will lost at Cappilow this season and with United struggling it's still anyone's league.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats pleasing. Genuinely thought you lot might do something this year but if Gary Harkins can turn a game against you then you are safely going nowhere.

Whereas Falkirk are going places: the seaside league. 

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Indeed it does as ICT found out today and you will next week.

Much of muchness, kiddo. We utterly pumped ICT 5-1 whilst Morton utterly pumped you. 

Looking forward to jumping back to the top of the league. 

The pars fans saying how our goals were avoidable...did you see your two?? Ross Forbes has an absolute mare!!

We must have gifted Dunfermline about 6/7 goals in our last 5 games with you lot

For a team flying, I expected better from the pars, but still, a great 3 points!

1 minute ago, madton said:

The pars fans saying how our goals were avoidable...did you see your two?? Ross Forbes has an absolute mare!!

We must have gifted Dunfermline about 6/7 goals in our last 5 games with you lot

For a team flying, I expected better from the pars, but still, a great 3 points!

We always seem to have off days against Morton. Think it's traditional for us to get beat off Morton at least 2 times before we can win this League. 

Archived