Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

With Morton needing the win to consolidate their fifth place in the table, it makes for an interesting fixture. A win for Athletic and it sets it up nicely for the top of the table clashes that will then ensue.

My preference is Smith and Clark up front. Difficult when Ryan and McManus are battering down AJs door, metaphorically speaking, with their goals and performances when called upon. Midfield should be Higgy, Nat, Shiels and Cardle.

Defence Williamson, Morris, Ashcroft and Talbot

Keeper Murdoch.

Think it will be a tight game and hoping to win by odd goal in three.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving McManus out of the starting XI (in a meaningful game) would be mental.

Morton's start is a confusing one; the failed to score against Dumbarton, we scored 4 and barely came out of second gear. Morton struggled against Inverness, who were shite at best at EEP. Saying that, they pumped a seemingly-title-contending St Mirren side.

Tough one to call, but we're looking handy so I'm going for an optimistic 0-2, McManus and Cardle getting the goals.

Tricky game. Morton always seem to be strong at Cappielow so I think a point wouldn't be a bad result. We're in really good form at the moment though so we should be looking for all three points.
Can't see me making the trip through at the moment. Might end up at Rovers vs Ayr instead.

That Moff Geggs and POTM love triangle still holding firm?

I'm sure my fellow 'Ton fans will tell you that we don't have a fucking clue how we are going to perform. We are completely inconsistent at the moment and barring the great St.Mirren result we've been poor.

McManus to score must be worth a punt though.

Leaving McManus out of the starting XI (in a meaningful game) would be mental.

Morton's start is a confusing one; the failed to score against Dumbarton, we scored 4 and barely came out of second gear. Morton struggled against Inverness, who were shite at best at EEP. Saying that, they pumped a seemingly-title-contending St Mirren side.

Tough one to call, but we're looking handy so I'm going for an optimistic 0-2, McManus and Cardle getting the goals.

So which striker are you playing with McManus?

Tough choice up front for AJ but any two of Clark/Smith/McManus/Ryan is potent and leaves a strong bench too. McManus has been excellent, Andy Ryan looks like a goal machine, young Smith is a real class act and potential big transfer fee in waiting and how can we possibly leave out Nicky Clark?

Be interesting to see if Joe 'Sand Dancer' (©️ VT) Cardle can keep up the scoring streak. As well as the trademark cutting in from the left and shooting with the right foot he has added ghosting in to finishing off moves to his repertoire.

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Without Moffat I can't see us winning this, a draw will be the result I reckon.

By my rough calculations, 80% of his goal tally last season came against Morton. We will have to dig deep to try and replace the irreplaceable Moff.

I'd take a draw here, Dunfermline have been on a great run. 

Gaston; Doyle, O'Ware, Lamie, Russell; Forbes, Tidser, Murdoch, Thomson; Oliver; Quitongo. 

If we have another centre half fit I'd move Lamie to let back and drop Russell. 

1-1 Tidser, McManus for the Pars. 

5 minutes ago, ExxyJj said:

Nah nah, if anyone is going to score against us it's bound to be Robert Thomson :shutup

He is useless. Now that we have a proper defence and Nat ghosting in, he'll be getting nothing off us. 

Confident of a win here, although our record against Morton in recent times has been a disgrace. Am I right in saying the last time we won this league, Morton were the only team to beat us at home?

Dunfermline are the form team at the moment, so you would perhaps fancy them to keep their run going.

We have a decent forward line also, but we're struggling to break defences down with no pace on the flanks. Something that wasn't addressed in the transfer window

If we can get the service to the front men then we should be ok for a goal or two - but that's a big "IF"

Can't see us getting anything more than a score draw, but won't be surprised if this is an away win though. 

Archived