How much is your hoose

locheedfcno1

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You've gone from arguing your point to trolling in the space of a couple of pages.  That's unfortunate, I thought it was a reasonable discussion.

Says the guy who's determined to bring Nuclear weapons to the house price/landlords/students debate. You seem fine with any view different to yours is up for mocking but yours is sacrosanct. I'll confess an element of 'playfulness' in my post but other views are allowed you know, and should be encouraged.

I'm willing to take a speculative guess that most nuclear physics graduates are on more than History of Art graduates though. Just saying.

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's a nice pub between Inverkeithing and Dalgaty Bay, in a little village who's name escapes me.

Someone will surely enlighten me soon.

Aye, the Hillend tavern was decent enough as well. Not been there for a while though. Only go down to Fife for funerals these days.

59 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Aye, the Hillend tavern was decent enough as well. Not been there for a while though. Only go down to Fife for funerals these days.

Same here.

Funerals in Fife are okay though. I've had more fun at  some of these than I have had at Edinburgh weddings.

I didn't think class 3 gave you any benefits other than pension preservation. Very few people ever paid it, other than those in you're circumstances.

You might be right...until now I never looked into it. Vaguely thought it gave a few extras but no idea.

I need to make a further 9 years contributions, I need to look into this. I've done some back of a fag packet arithmetic and I should be OK financially without topping it up but it will depend how much my contributions would be. Its a good job I'm pretty and Mrs Root keeps me around as eye candy. 8)

As far as I know, if it's voluntary contributions it's going to be about £15 a week.

Simple enough to do the math...if I make up the 8 years I'll get an extra £30 a week, about double what I need to pay in. As long as I live 3 years beyond retirement it makes sense.

Like you my state pension age had been increased, in my case to 66.  I don't see a problem with that, it's a logical response to folk living longer.
The way it has been done for women is far worse.  Yes the retirement age should be the same for everyone but it should have been introduced more gradually to give people a chance to plan ahead and take necessary action.

Agreed.

The abolition of class 2 hits a disproportionate number of females - more likely to be working or self-employed and earning below the class 2 ceiling.

A legal challenge waiting to happen on the grounds of sex discrimination?

Knock yourself out http://simd.scot/2016/#/simd2016/BTTTFTT/9/-4.0000/55.9000/

I'm in S01007995.  Its actually a disgrace, in my opinion, that I am such a good area and the place next door (the famous Scheme) is one of the worst.  I don't believe this is good for society.........there should be a better mix.  That is a different argument though I suppose.

Genuinely shocked my house wasn't in a red zone. It's the only area of that area that isn't red right enough [emoji38].

We bought ours for £90k. 4 bedroom semi-detached. 1 bathroom and one wet-room with a toilet. Dining room as well but we ripped out the kitchen and broke through into the dining room so it's now an open planned kitchen/dining room. The back garden will take a lot of work but once it's done there will be room for decking and any big garden toys for the wee one. We have plenty of room to extend as well if we ever wanted. The front garden is a decent size as well. We're planning to tar it and build a higher wall/fence. I reckon we could comfortably fit four cars in that area when it's complete.

We knocked another wall down which has given us decent extra space in the livingroom.

Once the house and gardens are complete (good couple of years I reckon) I'd probably be enquiring about a valuation. We'll never move but it would be interesting to see if we've added value.

The location will be the biggest hindrance though. The house was on the market for a month and we were the only ones to view it. Which is absolutely mental. If the house had been on the other side of the water it would have been snapped up in no time and with an extra 25k at least on top of it. That's how it is with property though and I'm certainly not complaining :)

I'm in S01009089. 4-bedroomed hoose (could be 5 if we were to repurpose the dining room), front and back gardens, garage, conservatory. £220k.

11 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

That's a bit shit..why not go 6 bedroom n get rid of the garden..

We might go to ten and just repurpose the neighbours'.

17 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm in S01009089. 4-bedroomed hoose (could be 5 if we were to repurpose the dining room), front and back gardens, garage, conservatory. £220k.

I would love a conservatory for my next home. I like being in a flat and in the city but we don't even have a balcony which would make a world of difference if we had one. 

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I would love a conservatory for my next home. I like being in a flat and in the city but we don't even have a balcony which would make a world of difference if we had one. 

They're not that great, to be honest. Too warm in the summer and too cold in the winter.

We're just using it for storage the now as we only moved in April and are still getting some things the way we want them.

On 9/9/2017 at 23:09, 19QOS19 said:

Genuinely shocked my house wasn't in a red zone. It's the only area of that area that isn't red right enough emoji38.png.

We bought ours for £90k. 4 bedroom semi-detached. 1 bathroom and one wet-room with a toilet. Dining room as well but we ripped out the kitchen and broke through into the dining room so it's now an open planned kitchen/dining room. The back garden will take a lot of work but once it's done there will be room for decking and any big garden toys for the wee one. We have plenty of room to extend as well if we ever wanted. The front garden is a decent size as well. We're planning to tar it and build a higher wall/fence. I reckon we could comfortably fit four cars in that area when it's complete.

We knocked another wall down which has given us decent extra space in the livingroom.

Once the house and gardens are complete (good couple of years I reckon) I'd probably be enquiring about a valuation. We'll never move but it would be interesting to see if we've added value.

The location will be the biggest hindrance though. The house was on the market for a month and we were the only ones to view it. Which is absolutely mental. If the house had been on the other side of the water it would have been snapped up in no time and with an extra 25k at least on top of it. That's how it is with property though and I'm certainly not complaining :)

This one's a bit more user-friendly...bang in your postcode and it gives you exactly where yours stands on the SMID index about halfway down the page

https://www.getthedata.com/postcode

Archived