How much is your hoose

locheedfcno1

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As a society develops a higher number of graduates will be needed so we as a society need to meet the costs.

The whole'Art History Degree' argument is so pathetic it doesn't merit a response.

As the old adage goes "If you think education is expensive try ignorance".

Feel free not to respond but there is merit to it. If society is paying for the degree until the person earns enough to start repaying then its largely a waste of the individuals time and 'our' money if they never earn enough to repay it. It would also largely be a waste if they end up repaying it by doing a job that has nothing to do with the degree subject, the individuals only benefit is the experience of 3 years of 'uni'. There's a fair chance parent will also have contributed, their choice (well sort of, one of my old bosses sued his dad for cash so he could go to university) of course. Then there's the gap year..... :lol:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
I thought this was the general nonsense, not the politics forum. [emoji14]

My house is not worth what I paid for it. I overpaid because I chose to live in this area. My choice, and no-one elses fault. Not old folk, not the Tories and not Jeremy Corbyn.
People choose to overpay for certain areas and the market goes along with supply and demand. It maters not a jot to me what my house is worth now because I plan to live in it for a very long time. Then die.

Pretty much the same as myself, moved into a new build 6 years ago and in the context of the town where I live I definitely overpaid but location wise it is right where I wanted. Couldn't care less if it's worth more than I paid now (it isnt) as I have no intention of moving until they carry me out in a box.

Is it a coincidence that the people who get so upset at the thought of us paying to provide a university education for the younger generation are often the same people who don't seem too bother about us wasting tens of billions on a useless nuclear weapons system?

Apologies to Suspect Device but this has just growed.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is it a coincidence that the people who get so upset at the thought of us paying to provide a university education for the younger generation are often the same people who don't seem too bother about us wasting tens of billions on a useless nuclear weapons system?

No apology required for that but I'd like an apology for the use of the word growed.

Unless I'm being whooshed which does happen but not usually with the older generation. ;)

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

No apology required for that but I'd like an apology for the use of the word growed.

Unless I'm being whooshed which does happen but not usually with the older generation. ;)

Growed was deliberate.  Sorry about that too. :(

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Werent you the one getting angry about sweeping generalizations?

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Werent you the one getting angry about sweeping generalizations?

Hence the use of the term "are often".  Yes it's a generalisation but not a sweeping one.  Try to pay attention.

BTW there is no z in generalisations.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hence the use of the term "are often".  Yes it's a generalisation but not a sweeping one.  Try to pay attention.

BTW there is no z in generalisations.

Auto correct. 

Thanks for accepting you're as happy to throw about generalisations as anyone else. Maybe you could stop complaining about other doing the same ad nauseam

Just now, Suspect Device said:

This thread is not sticking to the straight and narrow. It's gone from a house price thread to politics to grammar spelling Nazi thread.

I'm confused.

You mean a P&B thread has gone off course from the original topic?  This has to be a first!!!

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This thread is not sticking to the straight and narrow. It's gone from a house price thread to politics to grammar spelling Nazi thread.

I'm confused.

Ok. Im property rich, pension rich, saving rich, politically flip floppy and my spelling is decent but not great.

Just now, whiskychimp said:

Ok. Im property rich, pension rich, saving rich, politically flip floppy and my spelling is decent but not great.

Ermmm are you talking about me or you? Most of it sounds like me. Maybe not property rich because it's mostly owed to the bank just now.

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Auto correct. 

Thanks for accepting you're as happy to throw about generalisations as anyone else. Maybe you could stop complaining about other doing the same ad nauseam

One occasion = ad nauseam?  Now I am confused, or maybe it's you who is confused...

Just now, whiskychimp said:

... or maybe you're just a haver.

On 03/09/2017 at 11:17, NorthernJambo said:

As we're on the topic of houses, if anyone is looking for a 3 bed semi in a (genuinely) nice part of Fife, I may or may not know the current owners...

https://espc.com/property/47-humbie-terrace-aberdour-ky3-0xp/35535354?sid=24640576942

Edit: it's also roughly a 4 min walk to the station so handy for trains to Edinburgh emoji57.png

Small garden

IMG_0832.thumb.JPG.0efa3c1348bd1b7aed1d9f6b1079b7a6.JPG

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One occasion = ad nauseam?  Now I am confused, or maybe it's you who is confused...

... or maybe you're just a haver.

There's at least 3 examples of you moaning about generalisations in the last few pages of this thread alone.

Maybe I do haver, maybe I don't. So what? 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Are the two mutually exclusive ? Can people not want an abundance of nuclear physicists going to our universities while rolling their eyes at the History of Art types. While at the same time enjoying the outrage of the social justice warriors. :lol:

32 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Are the two mutually exclusive ? Can people not want an abundance of nuclear physicists going to our universities while rolling their eyes at the History of Art types. While at the same time enjoying the outrage of the social justice warriors. :lol:

You've gone from arguing your point to trolling in the space of a couple of pages.  That's unfortunate, I thought it was a reasonable discussion.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Aberdour is a nice place. Preferred drinking there to Inverkeithing which is a shitehole. Even though I spent a lot of my formative years there, I don't feel much a connection to the place.

There's a nice pub between Inverkeithing and Dalgaty Bay, in a little village who's name escapes me.

Someone will surely enlighten me soon.

Archived