Livingston v Queens

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep we more than competed against Dunfermline and they were lucky to get the draw with us, might have been an off day for them though as they've won their next 3 league games and are top of the league. We'll have to be just as good in this game too if we are to get anything.  Looking forward to it just to see how well we do against one of the top teams, and if we do get something then no reason why we shouldn't be looking to challenge for the top half of the table.

Darren Jamieson, Kieran Gibbons, Hugo Faria, Jordyn Sheerin and Gary Glen took to the field last time we met at Almondvale, Ross Millen an unused sub :lol: What a team.

Mullen  -  Todorov
De Vita  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Gallagher  -  Halkett
Alexander

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Darren Jamieson, Kieran Gibbons, Hugo Faria, Jordyn Sheerin and Gary Glen took to the field last time we met at Almondvale, Ross Millen an unused sub :lol: What a team.

Mullen  -  Todorov
De Vita  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Gallagher  -  Halkett
Alexander

The banter years

Would like to go with Todorov and Mullen up front, Mackin's too clunky and when the ball is moving and we're playing with speed he doesn't fit in at all. Keep him on the bench and use him if we need a more long ball style. Would like to be winning games like this at home, no point drawing with everyone in the league especially in these home games.

It will be interesting to see if we go with the same back 4 as we deployed at Falkirk or do we play Rooney and keep Kerr in reserve.

Both players can feel disappointed if they miss out but personally for this game I would play Fordyce at RB and restore Kerr at CB. At Falkirk we limited them to very few half chances indeed and I thought Kerr was very solid. Rooney offers more going forward but if we play 3 up front one could argue that the line up is already positive.

Quite a tricky call and you couldn't argue if he plays Rooney as he is quite a big goal threat.

It will be interesting to see if we go with the same back 4 as we deployed at Falkirk or do we play Rooney and keep Kerr in reserve.

Both players can feel disappointed if they miss out but personally for this game I would play Fordyce at RB and restore Kerr at CB. At Falkirk we limited them to very few half chances indeed and I thought Kerr was very solid. Rooney offers more going forward but if we play 3 up front one could argue that the line up is already positive.

Quite a tricky call and you couldn't argue if he plays Rooney as he is quite a big goal threat.

As is kerr. But agree wraith rest of your post.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Fordyce at centre back for me every time. Kerr did well against Falkirk but Fordyce and Brownlie have been excellent together. If everyone is available that has to be the central defensive partnership.

Was it not the case that Rooney was due to start against Falkirk until he picked up a knock, rather than it being a tactical decision?  That would suggest he is likely to start if fit.  To be honest I'd be happy with either back four suggested.  In fact there are probably 3 or 4 different starting lineups we could go for and I don't think any of them are especially weaker than the other.  It's a nice position to be in.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Fordyce at centre back for me every time. Kerr did well against Falkirk but Fordyce and Brownlie have been excellent together. If everyone is available that has to be the central defensive partnership.

Callum Fordyce?

That should be an interesting encounter :)

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thats the one. In what way "interesting"?

I actually quite liked him but he did suffer from huge problems in tracking back after the side had pushed forward. With Mullen on that wing he will struggle unless he has a really good central defender next to him. 

He's pretty good going forward though so, if we play three at the back again, then we'll have to rely on Da Vita or Cadden (depending on who's playing) to break it up.

He did leave us under a bit of a cloud though so some of the boo boys may give him some "reminders" but others will remember he was part of our youth system so may retain a dignified silence.

15 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I actually quite liked him but he did suffer from huge problems in tracking back after the side had pushed forward. With Mullen on that wing he will struggle unless he has a really good central defender next to him. 

He's pretty good going forward though so, if we play three at the back again, then we'll have to rely on Da Vita or Cadden (depending on who's playing) to break it up.

He did leave us under a bit of a cloud though so some of the boo boys may give him some "reminders" but others will remember he was part of our youth system so may retain a dignified silence.

I'd forgotten he started at Livy.

As discussed above, its not certain whether he'll play right back or in the centre, where hes been outstanding so far

Fordyce has been a standout so far this season and probably quietened some of the critics complaining about the release of favourites Dowie and Higgins. Some Pars fans have said he wasn't as good and lost a bit of pace following a bad injury, I can only say he must have been some player before that.  He's formed a good partnership with Brownlie and slots in we'll at right back if needed. He has also chipped in with a couple of goals.  

Callum Fordyce scored a hat trick for us at centre back in a league game against Cowdenbeath. He also scored in our Petrofac cup final win.

He's a local lad who moved on to Dunfermline for a better deal which is perfectly understandable so there should be no hard feelings from the Livi fans.

Fordyce was one of the players was surprised to see leaving us, I'd have been happy if we'd held onto him. 

Personally I think you've got yourselves a fantastic player, a total game changing workhorse on the park, and I'm not surprised you guys are singing his praises. 

32 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Falkirk away was comprehensively our best display of the season both defensively and going forward. I am not sure that the decision is an easy one but I wouldn't be surprised if Rooney gets the nod.

It was but you could argue that Falkirk offered very little in terms of an attacking threat. 

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Yes; as I recall He was better in the centre rather than when we played him at right back.

I'd be more relaxed seeing him at right back than I would Kyle "take-no-prisoners" Jacobs. :whistle

Barring several injuries, Jacobs wont be playing right back. He'll be bossing the midfield as usual 8)

Archived