Line up v Malta.

Pearbuyerbell

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ritchie would be a decent option if we're looking for creativity over pace. Wouldn't mind Bannan in midfield. He was very good against Malta last time round in terms of getting the ball into good early forward positions to start attacks.

However I'm sure any side we put out should be capable of scudding this mob at home.

We're gonna beat Malta and Slovakia and then concede a 95th minute equaliser in Slovenia.
It's the Scottish way.

But we'll still come second, we'll be the worst 2nd placed side on goal difference.

Ritchie would be a decent option if we're looking for creativity over pace. Wouldn't mind Bannan in midfield. He was very good against Malta last time round in terms of getting the ball into good early forward positions to start attacks.

However I'm sure any side we put out should be capable of scudding this mob at home.

Bannan dropped out the squad did he not?

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I can see him dropping Brown as he is sitting on a yellow away from a ban

Perhaps wouldn't be the worst decision.  I did think during the Lithuania game that he might give him a wee nudge and get him to pick up a silly booking, just so he'd definitely be available for the Slovakia game.

Perhaps wouldn't be the worst decision.  I did think during the Lithuania game that he might give him a wee nudge and get him to pick up a silly booking, just so he'd definitely be available for the Slovakia game.

I thought he was trying to get booked when we went 2 nil up.

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's actually not.

That's just a self serving  'wha's like us?' myth.

Yeah, it's starting to get a bit tiresome "lawl, we'll only f**k it up anyway, hur hur".  It's only the Scotland way in that we don't play quite well enough when we really need to.  Perhaps the stark and clear objectives we have will focus them enough come the really crunch games next month.

Ritchie and Snodgrass were the keys to the away win in Malta. Malta just couldn't deal with Ritchie's passing. Definitely a case for playing both of them. But I'm 99% sure it'll be the same XI as Lithuania.

4-0 Scotland.

I can see him dropping Brown as he is sitting on a yellow away from a ban

Maybe a couple of other Celtic players, too. He was talking yesterday or today about taking into consideration how many games certain players have played already this season, and Celtic players have been playing more than most. The problem is that many of them are vital to how we intend on playing.

Maybe a couple of other Celtic players, too. He was talking yesterday or today about taking into consideration how many games certain players have played already this season, and Celtic players have been playing more than most. The problem is that many of them are vital to how we intend on playing.

f**k Celtic, you get called up, you will be excepted to play. Their professional footballers, they want to play football ffs

A few key players one yellow card away from suspension so we have to go canny, especially if we can manage to get an early goal.

Same line up as Friday night for me but I'd possibly swap Forrest for Ritchie. If we are 1-0 up at half time I would be swapping Griffiths and Brown aswell as they are one card away from a ban. We need them for the Slovakia game badly. Chris Martin is surely reasonable enough to rough up the Malta defence and Morrison or McGinn able enough to replace Brown. Mulgrew is a real worry as I like him at centre half, if he picks up a yellow tonight who in the hell are we going to replace him with for the next home game? Berra and Hanley gives me nightmares!!!

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Something like:

Gordon

Tierney Berra Mulgrew Robertson

Brown Armstrong

Phillips Ritchie Fraser

Griffiths

Although the central defence didn't look infallible against Lithuania, I would be reluctant to change it after keeping a clean sheet and with no obvious upgrades at our disposal. I thought Forrest offered the least of our attacking players on Friday, so I'd be happy for him to be replaced by Fraser. Perhaps harsh to drop McArthur after scoring, but it would allow Armstrong to be deployed slightly deeper and for Ritchie to start in the front four.

I like this lineup. We shouldn't need two holding midfielders against a team who will likely get 10 men behind the ball, so having Armstrong pullings the strings further back will be useful.

f**k Celtic, you get called up, you will be excepted to play. Their professional footballers, they want to play football ffs

I agree, but if he's being serious about resting players based on how many games they've played, I'd imagine they'll be the first to be considered.

Archived