Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 9/9/17

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm not reading into it that anyone thinks we should have been a goal down at half-time - merely that we could have been, which is difficult to argue with. Would it have been deserved if we had been? - probably not but we've all seen 'Well have most of the ball and create half chances galore but see the other team score with their first attack - it wouldn't have been a surprise.

I've noticed that we're getting to the point in the cycle where after a couple of years of really grim watching that we're in danger of getting a bit carried away. I'm enjoying going to games more than I have for years and we've signed the type of players that I personally like watching but even then, I can see that the team has far bigger tests to come. We've had a good start and taken points where we could reasonably be expected to - but that's all it is at the moment.

Hard to argue with any of that, we've picked up nine points from three home games we really should be winning and progressed in the Cup against sides we should be beating. The Rangers game was a let down but historically we just can't help letting ourselves down against them so we can't read too much into that and the game at Perth was a farce for us but Saints are a good side.

The next three games will provide a much stiffer test for us and if we're being honest the likelihood is that we'll probably only be at best one point better off and out of the Cup by the time September ends but time will tell.

What we can say though is that we have definitely improved on last season as if we had those three fixtures in a run like that we would not have picked up maximum points from them, not a prayer. The team we have now is raw but a lot more exciting to watch and we have something of a spine in Carson, Kipre, Cadden, McHugh & Moult which makes us a lot more solid than we were. There are bigger tests to come but we are moving in the right direction, as a team and as a club.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nsr said:

So what kind of response did the mighty and bold Dom Thomas get? Was he roundly booed or frigidly ignored?

Ignored the first half, then when in front of the east he got booed. It was more a "try and annoy him" type of boo.

Just now, killiepiemuncher said:

Exactly. I thought we were the pish team.

I was gonna chip in after the first few replies but it descended into a farcical argument.
First half was utter shite. Killie missed a sitter. I think Ryan Bowman missed a bigger sitter.

It's not negative to tell the truth. We deserved to win the game but Kilmarnock had the 2 best chances in the 1st half. I'm not sure what you're struggling with here? 
Re. Bowman & Broadfoot, go watch it back. Laughable defending from Broadfoot. Bowman doesn't have to 'lose him'.
Correct, I noticed it at the match, Broadfoot moves toward the penalty spot & has to circle back by which time Bowman has the freedom of Fir Park to stick it in the pockey......

Guest Moomintroll
Is there any chance Broadfoot is an undercover agent for another potential bottom 6 team?

Seems as plausible as any other explanation. He surely cannot be that useless accidentally. GGG is going to knock him out in the middle of a game soon if Jig keeps up the old pals cat.

Guest Moomintroll

Seems as plausible as any other explanation. He surely cannot be that useless accidentally. GGG is going to knock him out in the middle of a game soon if Jig keeps up the old pals act.

Archived