Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 9/9/17

You know what? Yeah. Send the fuckers out in tuxedos.

If this is our farewell tour it's only right that we enjoy it. They could play dressed as a troupe of mimes....to match the home crowd. Zing.

Yes this. We will go out with smiles on our faces then stand for the national anthem as the waves lap over our heads.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another enjoyable afternoon at Fir Park, it's almost becoming a regular occurrence these days.

Didn't really think we were really at it 1st half mind, too many slack passes and too many long balls aimlessly floated forward. Badly missed Frear on the left and in truth Killie should have went in at half time ahead as they missed 2 good chances. Second half was vastly improved from ourselves and it was 2 going on 4 or 5 in the end. Hammell and his use of the ball from the back made a huge difference, as did Bigi with his passing and ability to drive forward with the ball from midfield. Started to get the ball down a lot more and actually played some decent stuff, final ball let us down a few times but the energy and movement off the ball was night and day.

Allan Campbell has surely put his name on the team sheet for next week, outstanding in the middle of the park. Not only does he just love to crunch folk, he also covers an inordinate amount of ground and rarely wastes a pass. Kipre was immense as always, Carson produced a big save to keep us level and came off his line to good effect late on when Killie started pumping balls into our box. Liked what I saw of Hartley, no nonsense and certainly looks a talker and an organizer. And what about Ryan Bowman? Looks a different player to the one we saw last season. His work rate has never been in doubt but his link up play and all round game have been superb of late and he took his goal extremely well today.

That's now 3 wins on the bounce with 6 goals scored, 2 clean sheets and just the 1 goal conceded.

Good times.

27 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was loving the retro 'Broadfoot' chant from the Cooper stand. Can Killie fans tell us if he gets that anywhere else or is it just at Motherwell he gets a special welcome? 

it was absolutely shite, I felt embarrassed for the ten or so people who chanted it.

f**k off Kilmarnock.
I honestly think we'd struggle to give Forres Mechanics a game just now.
Fucking shower of fucking useless fucks.
[emoji20]

Feel for your team mate. Would never come on here and revel in killies misery. Was always a game that both sets of fans looked forward to without the usual shite. But yesterday killie looked a standard below us. We went through it with McGhee the same as you are now, and look how Robinson seems to have turned us round. Well fans let the board know how we felt at the time. killie fans need to do the same now.

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Killie look as if they've signed too many players with potential rather than proven players - to me anyway.

I'd say it's a bad mix we have. Our "experienced" players, I.e Broadfoot, Smith, Boyd, Burke etc are all absolutely shite. Like League 1 in Scotland level of shite and our young players who apparently have potential, I.e, Taylor, Thomas, Wilson, Erwin etc only show what they can do in flashes and seem completely unable to actually put together a run of consistently good performances. 

Its pretty grim. We are down this season IMO. A team full of jobbers and shitebags. 

I'd say it's a bad mix we have. Our "experienced" players, I.e Broadfoot, Smith, Boyd, Burke etc are all absolutely shite. Like League 1 in Scotland level of shite and our young players who apparently have potential, I.e, Taylor, Thomas, Wilson, Erwin etc only show what they can do in flashes and seem completely unable to actually put together a run of consistently good performances.  Its pretty grim. We are down this season IMO. A team full of jobbers and shitebags. 

The only one who doesn't fit into either group is the goalie, who works his arse off trying to keep us in games. Ultimately failing. The only one who can look at himself in the mirror after the game.

ETA

Worryingly he's got another dud breathing down his neck waiting to take over when he eventually balls up.

10 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

The only one who doesn't fit into either group is the goalie, who works his arse off trying to keep us in games. Ultimately failing. The only one who can look at himself in the mirror after the game.

ETA

Worryingly he's got another dud breathing down his neck waiting to take over when he eventually balls up.

I wholeheartedly agree. Jamie Mac is a great player who works his arse off for us and doesn't get the recognition he deserves for it. 

Archived