Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 9/9/17

Quite like the Killie chaps, although that may be something to do with the regular free hospitality I have enjoyed in recent years at Rugby Park, and the 3pts with which we have left with on each occasion, although their fans genuinely seem a decent bunch who have taken the defeats squarely on the chin and enjoyed a decent craic. 

Optimistic for the season ahead following our absolute textbook transfer window dealings.  3-0 home victory. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite like Motherwell to be honest, used to have some cracking days in the Jack Daniels bar.  Plus, as someone else mentioned, they gave us a round of applause after we won the league cup. Good guys IMO.

Jig's juggernaut to finally get going on Saturday, Motherwell 1 - Killie 3 (Erwin, Jones, Thomas)

I think this one is a draw to be honest and a fairly drab affair into the bargain.

I expect Cammy Bell to receive ironic cheers for his playoff heroics and Dom Thomas to have his fanboys in the East Stand throwing their knickers at him, even though he did next to f**k all whilst with us. Erwin will be cheered too no doubt and I expect him to score against us into the bargain.

1-1 with Bowman getting our goal.

On 9/1/2017 at 17:36, Estragon said:

it's probably the football match that would survive the apocalypse.

Now I can't shake the image of a cybernetic Freddy Dindeleux tussling for possession with a cyborg Stephen Craigan amidst the scorched ruins of Fir Park with nuclear mushroom clouds filling the horizon in all directions.

Quite like Motherwell to be honest, used to have some cracking days in the Jack Daniels bar.  Plus, as someone else mentioned, they gave us a round of applause after we won the league cup. Good guys IMO.
Jig's juggernaut to finally get going on Saturday, Motherwell 1 - Killie 3 (Erwin, Jones, Thomas)

If Dom Thomas scores there may well be full on riots hahahaha [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I've always had a small soft spot for Motherwell, probably because my grandfather and my neighbour are both Motherwell fans.

Anyway, so long as we manage to get a point (or three) from this match I'm not really complaining. I'm going for a 2-1 Killie win (Jones and a last minute winner from Erwin, whilst Moult will probably score for Motherwell). 

21 hours ago, Estragon said:

Remember the Motherwell fans who stayed back to applaud the league
cup winners?

There's nothing that brings us all together like ruining one of the old firm's ambitions. See helicopter Sunday for more information...

100% this.

I remember when only one remained who stood applauding when his mates had left.

Thought it was also a great touch by the Killie players to include him in the lap of honour as well.

That memory still warms my heart and reminds me of all that is great in Scottish football.

Great respect for Well and their fans, a very similar club to ourselves in stature.

Motherwell are the team I hate the least in our league. Really good guys generally and proper football fans.

My boy picked this as one of his away games so will be through to see the inevitable Erwin/Thomas show.

2-0 Killie.

Have to agree Nick, the Motherwell fans are a sound lot, but that guy with the drum can gtf lol, the St Johnstone guys are pretty decent in general too.

Looking forward to this one, but will be happy to scrape a draw.

Settle for a 1-1 tbh.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I think as long as you don't bring that c**t who makes the videos we'll all be fine

I can assure you that no one would bring him as no one likes him and he is just an embarrassment to the club.

Just a random thought tho' on that subject.....I wonder what auld Fergie from Hamilton would have done if he had access to the internet?

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Now there was a character. He was just nuts, Sawyers is just an attention seeker.

As a boy, I remember seeing Fergie giving the Hamilton *physio* pelters after they treated a player - he was going mental at him for reasons that weren't obvious to anyone else. This was in the white-hot atmosphere of a Lanarkshire Cup tie at (old) Douglas Park. I thought it was brilliant :)

Archived