Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 9/9/17

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nsr said:

Will Dom Thomas score a screamer and run the length of the East Stand kissing his badge a la Derek Townsley?

I actually think it's funny when players do that. I'll settle for him scoring first, doing the Townsley and then 'Well go on and win :)

Our first away league game of the season and therefore a comfortable win for the mighty.

Lee Erwin and Dom Thomas to score, with both running the entire length of the East Stand kissing their badges and making inflammatory, inappropriate and frankly uncivil gestures towards the Amber & Claret masses.

Probably.

Guest Moomintroll
Have to admit Kilmarnock are one of those teams who make me think "Ugh. Them again? Are they still here?". They probably feel the same way about us, tbf.

To be honest this is probably one of Scottish football's major problems, rather than having proper rivalries we are all mostly tired of each other.

Yeah, we're both in that handful of teams who hardly ever get close to winning anything but are still too good (or in our case, too establishment) to ever be relegated, so we're stuck with each other 3+ times a season.

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

Have to admit Kilmarnock are one of those teams who make me think "Ugh. Them again? Are they still here?". They probably feel the same way about us, tbf.

I quite enjoy a game against Killie as it's one that we've usually got a chance of getting something out of. Take your point though - 2 of the longest serving teams in the league (3rd and 4th after Aberdeen and Celtic?) means that we've played each other a lot

3 hours ago, nsr said:

That's us - the football equivalent of herpes.

Nah, not a bit of it. I can't wait for Motherwell vs Killie, and definitely don't spend most of them ruminating on the fact that it's probably the football match that would survive the apocalypse.

Nope, Motherwell are certified RGCs after the joy they brought Scotland in the playoffs against The Rangers. A heroic club.

I don't mind Killie. It's usually an entertaining game.

I'm away to watch the playoff highlights again after reading this thread.

Id normally be confident of winning this game but I can't see Motherwell winning three games in a row. 2-2 draw

Remember the Motherwell fans who stayed back to applaud the league cup winners?

There's nothing that brings us all together like ruining one of the old firm's ambitions. See helicopter Sunday for more information...

Archived