St Mirren v ICT

Someone has to start the thread have no idea how Inverness are apart from a good result on Saturday. Take it you still have the majoirty squad left over from last season ? Give us some feed back on your team.

Saints are playing the kind of football i remember from the Alex Ferguson days big question is are they consistent given the humilatation in Greenock ? Only time will tell. Going to the football is enjoyable again attached to for the first season since Legoland was built ( our stadium )  the atmosphere has much improved thanks to the brand of football on the pitch , fast attacking football God bless Jack Ross amen.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the days when Captain Sensible would start these threads and lob in a reference to the Duke of Cumberland doing his job properly and getting rid of those Highland savages. Halcyon days.

9 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Too difficult to call with Inverness seeming to have found their bearings. Was the emphatic win by Saints over Dundee United a freak result?

This could be a healthy win either way. I'm setting on the fence and guessing 2-2.

No. We've now put three past Falkirk, Dundee United and a very difficult-to-beat Livingston, playing large parts of that latter game with 10 men.

The Morton game is a massive blot on our copybook, but we handed them two penalties and had a man sent off. I'd suggest that was the freak result of our league campaign so far.

We've suddenly become pretty good at home, too (decent home form stretching back to January now), so I think we'll be a tough prospect for any team on our own patch.

9 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Someone has to start the thread have no idea how Inverness are apart from a good result on Saturday. Take it you still have the majoirty squad left over from last season ? Give us some feed back on your team.

Saints are playing the kind of football i remember from the Alex Ferguson days big question is are they consistent given the humilatation in Greenock ? Only time will tell. Going to the football is enjoyable again attached to for the first season since Legoland was built ( our stadium )  the atmosphere has much improved thanks to the brand of football on the pitch , fast attacking football God bless Jack Ross amen.

Not many of the original squad left but on Saturday it did look like the new players were starting to blend in.

Your mention of Alex Ferguson brought back a memory, it was a time when Rangers was in the doldrums and were due to play St Mirren on a Wednesday night, I was in Glasgow visiting at that time and though not a Mirren or Rangers fan I went along for the game, well St Mirren turned up minus Alex Ferguson as he had had a fall out that day with the board and he walked or was pushed I can't remember which and you know I can't even remember the score though it was a Rangers win, what I do recall is that the crowd was announced at just over 8,000, now I know that's hard to believe these days but that's a fact and when I tell gers fans they don't believe it.

Anyway I was in the rangers end and when rangers scored the first goal the crowd started singing, 'Bring on the Celtic', the guy next to me turned with a look of disbelief on his face and said "Celtic would feckin annihilate this lot".

Durant was playing that night but he didn't impress me with his arms and legs flailing all over the place in box play.

Of our starting XI on Saturday, Ally Ridgers, Matt Elsdon, Joe Chalmers, Charlie Trafford, Alex Cooper, John Baird and Connor Bell were all signed in the summer.  on the bench, George Oakley, Riccardo Calder and Coll Donaldson are also new signings.  

Of regulars from last season we have Iain Vigurs, Liam Polworth, David Raven and Brad Mckay left.  Jake Mulreany is also involved.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not many of the original squad left but on Saturday it did look like the new players were starting to blend in.

Your mention of Alex Ferguson brought back a memory, it was a time when Rangers was in the doldrums and were due to play St Mirren on a Wednesday night, I was in Glasgow visiting at that time and though not a Mirren or Rangers fan I went along for the game, well St Mirren turned up minus Alex Ferguson as he had had a fall out that day with the board and he walked or was pushed I can't remember which and you know I can't even remember the score though it was a Rangers win, what I do recall is that the crowd was announced at just over 8,000, now I know that's hard to believe these days but that's a fact and when I tell gers fans they don't believe it.

Anyway I was in the rangers end and when rangers scored the first goal the crowd started singing, 'Bring on the Celtic', the guy next to me turned with a look of disbelief on his face and said "Celtic would feckin annihilate this lot".

Durant was playing that night but he didn't impress me with his arms and legs flailing all over the place in box play.

Can you mind Fergie's replacement at St Mirren?

Sadly, they just don't make guys like this legend any more :

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/mcmenemy-s-tribute-to-saints-coach-clunie-1-648295

Hopefully when Tremarco, Warren and Doran are fit, the team will still have a bit of a familiar feel to it.  Doran will be like a new signing.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hopefully when Tremarco, Warren and Doran are fit, the team will still have a bit of a familiar feel to it.  Doran will be like a new signing.

Doran has had two serious injuries in the last two seasons, it's a long road back for him.  A shame as he is an excellent footballer.

if we have Tremarco and Warren back then that'll really help with shoring up our defence.  I think Tremacro was back in training this week, not sure about Warren's status.

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Cool story but never happened as you describe. Alex Ferguson only managed Saints for one season in the top flight, 1977/78 and our results against Rangers were a 3-3 draw and 2-0 defeat at Love St (crowds of 24596 and 24323) and a a 2-1 defeat and 1-1 draw at Ibrox (26318 and 22367),

Also when Ferguson left Saints to go to Aberdeen in the summer of 1978, Durrant would have been 11 years old so would have done well to hold down a first team slot.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Doran has had two serious injuries in the last two seasons, it's a long road back for him.  A shame as he is an excellent footballer.

if we have Tremarco and Warren back then that'll really help with shoring up our defence.  I think Tremacro was back in training this week, not sure about Warren's status.

Indeed.  Just when there's a buzz that he's back fit, he gets injured again, usually in training.  A reoccurring problem with ICT for the past 2 years.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Of our starting XI on Saturday, Ally Ridgers, Matt Elsdon, Joe Chalmers, Charlie Trafford, Alex Cooper, John Baird and Connor Bell were all signed in the summer.  on the bench, George Oakley, Riccardo Calder and Coll Donaldson are also new signings.  

Of regulars from last season we have Iain Vigurs, Liam Polworth, David Raven and Brad Mckay left.  Jake Mulreany is also involved.

Mark Ridgers.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Been a long time Sandy since I seen you on the forum. Sacking Fergie was shocking as that man put St Mirren back on the map. All to do with expenses rumour has it to players and himself. Short sighted board though a few had to stand down because of a fan backlash. 8,000 Was not bad back then Rangers played Patrick Thistle on a midweek league game where 3,500 turned up loyal army and all that. Are you coming down to Paisley ? 

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Also when Ferguson left Saints to go to Aberdeen in the summer of 1978, Durrant would have been 11 years old so would have done well to hold down a first team slot.

Sandy was probably getting mixed up with Jimmy Durante.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Mark Ridgers.

Has he been any good? I thought he was ok for us, but it seemed Murray fucked him around a wee bit.

Don't know how this game will go. We have looked good at times this season, but we also have the Morton and Partick Thistle debacles hanging over us. We are good at home just now though, and the team is starting to settle and gel well, though I'd like to see us convert more of our chances. If I remember correctly, last time ICT were in this league they started badly, then really picked up when they got more used to the demands and competitiveness of the league and ended up winning it well. 

Archived