Dumbarton v Connah's Quay Nomads 2/9/17 2.30pm kick off

Silverton End

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky boys. Really really poor performance.

Pass marks for Nade (poor b*****d has to work with utterly nothing), Froxy and Barr was OK. Massive improvement required.

As for the Nomads... wow. What the hell do these teams bring to this competition. 4 fans, time wasting after about 30 mins. Nae offence to them but what is the point.

The fact it took us 120 mins to beat them says far more about us than it does about them.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lucky boys. Really really poor performance.

Pass marks for Nade (poor b*****d has to work with utterly nothing), Froxy and Barr was OK. Massive improvement required.

As for the Nomads... wow. What the hell do these teams bring to this competition. 4 fans, time wasting after about 30 mins. Nae offence to them but what is the point.

The fact it took us 120 mins to beat them says far more about us than it does about them.

A piss up if you draw them away?

Horrible first half...deservedly behind....much better again though when we tried to actually attack their goal

Nice equaliser from Wilson then peach of a free kick from Froxy

Special mention though to the opposition...never in all my years of watching football have I seen a more cynical team...how they only got one red card is amazing...time wasting...numerous cynical fouls..especially the number 16....I also can't remember an opposition team getting booed off the park

Much better after the first half..let's keep that going for the rest of the season

I don't think it's an overreaction to say that Froxy is probably the best player I've ever seen :wub:

Some irony in their big diddy of a centre-half and timewasting expert 'keeper combining for our winner. 

They were worse than Bonnyrigg imo, and we made seriously hard work of it. Then again I suppose it would be hard when you're facing a team who probably shortened the overall length of the game by about 20 minutes. I mean, seriously, I've never seen a team timewasting so much after 25 minutes.

Massive GIRUY to their manager as well. He was fizzing at the end.

Absolutely ridiculous time wasting from the Nomads from almost as soon as they scored. The officiating was awful as well, could have stopped the nonsense by making as decision but only seemed interested in picking up on any little possible infraction. I've seen some bad Scottish refs, but looks like the Northern Irish standard is no better.

By the sounds of the Nomads committee guy towards the end, the players might not have had time to change before they got their coach to Glasgow Central. Whoever organised that travel plan...

Made hard work of that alright, the Nomads could easily have went 2 in front. Better 2nd half from us, peach of a free kick from our new Cypriot signing, hopefully he'll gain a lot of confidence from it & bang a few more in.

Our keeper, big Hutton, C Gallacher & Hill don't fill me with confidence though. Journeymen.

Thought Wilson was very decent when he came on, tried to create openings & he hammered his goal home nicely.

A wins a win as they say, and our whole team/staff looked relieved at the end, let's hope we push on now.

14 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Absolutely ridiculous time wasting from the Nomads from almost as soon as they scored. The officiating was awful as well, could have stopped the nonsense by making as decision but only seemed interested in picking up on any little possible infraction. I've seen some bad Scottish refs, but looks like the Northern Irish standard is no better.

By the sounds of the Nomads committee guy towards the end, the players might not have had time to change before they got their coach to Glasgow Central. Whoever organised that travel plan...

Sportsound were saying they were booked on the 6pm train from Central (the Glasgow version, not Dumbarton) :lol:

Archived