Auchinleck Talbot 4-1 Hurlford

Killiepiyo

Excellent highlights as usual [emoji122]

Red card was correct, but the penalty, as I thought at the time, was a poor decision. Still it didn't affect the outcome just the result.

Danny Mitchell's tackle looked a lot worse from the camera side than from the opposite terracing. Both feet off the ground. I don't think there was intent, he was just late, but I've seen red given for similar.

Equaliser was poor defending. Both centre backs switched off. Pity as otherwise they were excellent all game. Lots of performance positives for Hurlford to take out of the game, unfortunately just no points.

16 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Excellent highlights as usual emoji122.png

Red card was correct, but the penalty, as I thought at the time, was a poor decision. Still it didn't affect the outcome just the result.

Danny Mitchell's tackle looked a lot worse from the camera side than from the opposite terracing. Both feet off the ground. I don't think there was intent, he was just late, but I've seen red given for similar.

Equaliser was poor defending. Both centre backs switched off. Pity as otherwise they were excellent all game. Lots of performance positives for Hurlford to take out of the game, unfortunately just no points.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Red card was correct, didn't think it was a penalty, tackle could have been a red card on another day.

Camera doesn't do the second goal justice. Outside of the foot curler beyond the goalkeeper. I was right behind it and knew it was in as soon as he hit it

I've got to agree with GB65 on this one. I didn't think it was a foul at the time and even without the benefit of a slo-mo replay am still of the same opinion as Glen played the ball.
Referee David Dickinson was only too happy to produce a red card (when he eventually caught up with play) and wasn't helped by his equally inept stand side assistant who could and should have got involved but chose not to.

When I saw the Danny Mitchell tackle at the time I thought it looked a bad challenge and worthy of a booking (or even a red card) but having seen it again (and by the reaction of both sets of players) it was a 50-50 ball due to the poor pass out from the Talbot defender and nothing malicious from either player. (And in my opinion Danny didn't have both feet off the ground!)

The game changed in Talbot's favour after Taz was substituted and Talbot got 2 goals in less than a minute as well as that dubiously soft penalty that all but ended the game as a contest before they added a 4th.

Hopefully we can now lift ourselves for Wednesday night's semi final in New Cumnock and fingers crossed that Graham Grainger has a better match than the David Dickinson who is NOT a "Bobby Dazzler"

It wasn't just me then. I watched that a few times and still don't know why it resulted in a booking. Don't know what the penalty was for either. All opinions based solely on the posted highlights I may add.

why do folk insist on posting still frames as "proof" when the full video is available? A couple of frames before or after can completely change the perception if the incident. It's nothing but the cherry-picking of evidence to suit an argument. 

for what it's worth I don't think that's anything but  keenly contested 50/50 ball. 

Pretty much agree with all of that. Red card was correct, didn't think it was a penalty, tackle could have been a red card on another day.
Camera doesn't do the second goal justice. Outside of the foot curler beyond the goalkeeper. I was right behind it and knew it was in as soon as he hit it

Unfortunately for us we also knew from the opposite side of the pitch it was a goal as soon as it left his foot by the cheer from the home support.
And respect to big Andy the Talbot keeper for his banter to the away support (even if he got the last laugh)

As someone said earlier its all about camera positions or where people are standing at the game i was at the other end of the ground from the sending off so couldnt get a good view of it but in the highlights the way the ball goes it looks like wilson has won it then mitchell is slightly late and catches him,, i was much closer to the penalty incident and thought it was a stone waller only giving my opinion boys be good to hear some others.

unfortunately football is going down the road of a non contact sport. I keep hearing from pundits that a player has been over physical in his challenge and this is the reason why they have been booked or sent off. Looking at this incident the two players were fully committed and the game should have continued . Football is being ruined by the people that runs the game and unfortunately the breeding ground for referees is the juniors

I think the biggest problem for referee's is simulation. They have only a split second to make a decision and if a player is cheating then it makes the job a lot harder. The sending off for Hurlford was unfortunate but it goes by the law of the book. Graham was definitely fouled but in a previous game the same situation arose when he was brought down outside the box and was booked for simulation when it was a clear foul. We can say what we want about the referee but unfortunately if there were no refs there would be no game.

Its the very definition of a goal scoring opportunity. He is running into the box with a clear shot on goals with just the keeper to beat

Linesman should have consulted before the sending was made.
Saying that Talbot would have been complaining if it was one of their players that had been one of their players

Archived