Raith V Staggies Juniors

Growl3th

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rw89 said:

Play our u20s and keep our first team fit for the following Saturday against Ayr. Couldn't care less about the Challenge Cup given that we've won it in the best circumstances possible. 

Agree with this, we do not want another Aaron Lennox injury situation.

As said elsewhere this Cup is hardly worth bothering about, promotion is a must for us.

Play our Dev squad and keep the senior team "intact" for the Ayr game.

I think we'll play a mixture of first team and u20s.

I would probably give Brian Rory another start although there is a decent argument for getting another 90 minutes under Smith's belt.
I would also start McKay, Osei and Court and bring Matthews in.

Rory/Smith

Thomson, Murray, Davidson, McKay

Barr, Matthews, Callachan, Thorsen

Osei, Court

I'm inclined to say a mix of players for us as well ahead of the Ayr match, if there are any travelling County fans on here that are arriving early (or staying for a while after the match) they may be interested to know that there is a German beer festival on in the Town Square over the weekend, alternatively the Raith Suite in the Main Stand (where you'll be seated) will probably be open as well.

I couldn't give a f**k about the result but it is tricky in terms of selection do we keep everyone wrapped up in cotton wool and away from injury but at the risk of them losing a bit of sharpness and momentum.

Billy Mckay will probably get a game as we try to get him fit. Striker Greg Morrison is going to Dumbarton on loan, so not sure if he'll feature.

Our U20s walloped Elgin 10-0 in the youth cup on Tuesday.

Doubt many staggies will be making the trip.

Barry Smith says we'll play our first team, doesn't want them having a two week break at this stage.

I can almost get that but Ayr, our next opponents, are virtually in the same boat having last played on Tuesday and this tournament is an absolute joke. Completely pointless to risk players.

On 30/08/2017 at 16:32, liam_barnett said:

Stuart Kettlewell is their U20s manager.

On 30/08/2017 at 20:30, steakngravy said:

And does he not do what McIntyre might ask him to do.  I'm sure Craig Easton does what Barry Smith might ask him to try.  Then again perhaps not we shall see on Saturday. :)

You've clearly not met Stuart.

I hope we put out a strong team and give them a real doing to show how stupid it is having these U20 sides. The same for Caely Thistle at Aberdeen and Crusaders against Motherwell's. Maybe the continual embarassment these youth sides suffer will cause a rethink.

Archived