Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

35 minutes ago, MDM said:

"....when Kelty win the league......"  That'll be that then.  the rest can give up knowing that the league has been decided.  Sad news for Lothian HV, Tynecastle and a few others.....

To be fair he didn't say what season they would win the league.;)

Bump.

It's been a tough month for Hawick who now find themselves 8pts adrift (and 11pts from guaranteed safety). Dalbeattie slide to 2nd bottom but only 7pts separates them from the mid-table:

8   East Stir   P11   W4 D3  L4   15pts,  +6

9   Civil SS    P13   W4 D3  L6   15pts,  -2

10   Gala        P13   W4 D3  L6   15pts,  -6

11   Edusport    P12   W4 D1  L7   13pts,  -4

12   Whitehill   P13   W4 D1  L8   13pts, -13

13   Vale of L   P13   W4 D0  L9   12pts

14   Edin Univ   P12   W3 D2  L7   11pts

=============================================

15   Dalbeatt.   P11   W2 D2  L7    8pts

16   Hawick      P11   W0 D0 L11    0pts

Kelty take-over atop EOSL, but note particularly LTHV's games in hand:

1   Kelty        P8   W8 D0 L0   24pts

-------------------------------------------

2   Leith        P7   W6 D1 L0   19pts, +23

3   Preston      P8   W6 D1 L1   19pts, +22

4   H-W Univ    P10   W5 D3 L2   18pts

5   LTHV         P5   W5 D0 L0   15pts

6   St Un EOS   P11   W4 D2 L5   14pts

7   Tynecast.    P7   W4 D0 L3   12pts

Congested atop SOSL, but note particularly Threave's games in hand:

1   Lochar      P11   W9 D0 L2   27pts, +27

--------------------------------------------

2   Heston      P12   W9 D0 L3   27pts, +13

3   Newton St   P13   W8 D1 L4   25pts

4   Bonnyton    P11   W7 D2 L2   23pts

5   St Cuthb.   P13   W7 D1 L5   22pts

6   Stran SOS   P14   W6 D3 L5   21pts

7   Abbey Va.   P13   W6 D2 L5   20pts, +11

8   Lochmaben   P13   W6 D2 L5   20pts,  -8

9   Threave      P8   W6 D0 L2   18pts

10   Mid An’le   P10   W5 D2 L3   17pts

Kelty up and Hawick down is looking very likely. Probably depends more on the Kelty/LTHV fight than anything else.

Edited by lowenan

Depends what happens higher-up of course.

It's already looking very unlikely a "north of Tay" club will finish bottom of SPFL2... Elgin and Montrose are top half.

In that scenario, if HL champion won the playoffs then bottom in LL goes down regardless, and 2nd bottom too unless neither EOSL or SOSL champion is licensed.

1 hour ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I apologise for asking whats probably an obvious one, but how does the promotion/relegation work from the east/south into the LL?

If I'm correct in thinking it goes as follows:

• Automatic relegation for the bottom side (I don't know where the dividing line is between the east and south regions) who are replaced by the winners of the play-off between the EoSL and SoSL (last this didn't happen as the EoSL winners didn't have the relevant licensing for their home ground, so Edusport came up unchallenged)
  • If the 10th place SPFL2 team come down into the Lowland League and are replaced by the Highland League champions then the second bottom team in the LL are also relegated
  • And I assume that if the LL champions replace a SPFL2 team who drop into the HL, both the EoSL and SoSL champs will move up.

Actually the last one sees bottom reprieved apparently, not both promoted, although your version would be the more reasonable.

Basically as you say in normal circumstances bottom in LL is relegated and winner of EOSL v SOSL playoff is promoted. (Of course there is no need for a playoff if only 1 is licensed and bottom get reprieved if neither are).

However in order to keep LL at 16 - it being impossible to move teams between HL & LL with no clubs between Aberdeen and Stirling - the number of teams relegated can vary from 0 to 2, on the basis of who gets relegated from SPFL2. Accordingly everyone's aim is to avoid the bottom 2: however they know that it's better to finish 2nd bottom rather than bottom. Such a scenario happened last season with Selkirk biting their fingernails hoping Cove Rangers would lose (which they did).

Accordingly there is still a single albeit unlikely scenario whereby there could again be an application process for a LL vacancy. Namely: if LL champion is promoted; SPFL2 relegated club goes to HL; and neither EOSL nor SOSL champions are licensed.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 hours ago, colinmc said:

Heard selkirk not paying there players again !! Players going on strike ? When will they ever learn

Surely not colinmc???  I know they've been trying to recruit new players recently. Seems strange if they don't have the money to pay their existing squad. 

14 hours ago, colinmc said:

Heard selkirk not paying there players again !! Players going on strike ? When will they ever learn

3 hours ago, Soor Plooms said:

Surely not colinmc???  I know they've been trying to recruit new players recently. Seems strange if they don't have the money to pay their existing squad. 

Unfortunately I heard this rumour as well. Players/player? on quadruple amounts per week compared to other players as well. If true and it's a big IF all is not well doon Selkirk way. 

Not bothered who goes up as long as it's Newton Stewart.  I want a trip to the town where The Wicker Man was filmed, one of the greatest movies ever made.  The Edward Woodward version I mean.  Not that travesty with Nicholas Cage.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Not bothered who goes up as long as it's Newton Stewart.  I want a trip to the town where The Wicker Man was filmed, one of the greatest movies ever made.  The Edward Woodward version I mean.  Not that travesty with Nicholas Cage.

When it was getting filmed residents of the town thought it was a documentary.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Unfortunately I think it’ll be Bonnyton Thistle that go up, hope I’m wrong though

6 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Bonnyton aren’t licensed.

Ah. Thanks for that, I just assumed that they were :blink:

5 hours ago, come on shire said:

I had no idea The Wickerman was filmed in D&G, I'd always assumed it was filmed someone up north, if not actually on the Hebrides.  

Didn't Shire play Newton Stewart last season?

Yeah true. All players missed training last week !!

2 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

I had no idea The Wickerman was filmed in D&G, I'd always assumed it was filmed someone up north, if not actually on the Hebrides.  

Didn't Shire play Newton Stewart last season?

It was warm and sunny in the film. No way that was the Hebrides

We played Newton Stewart at home last season in the South Cup

17 hours ago, come on shire said:

Think the pub scenes were in Creetown though. But there were locations all over the place including up north.

23 hours ago, holme said:

It was warm and sunny in the film. No way that was the Hebrides

We played Newton Stewart at home last season in the South Cup

Oh aye, I was forgetting I was at home. That was when we won 9-0 and Del got a straight red