Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

HibeeJibee

Interesting read Ginaro.

Noted this rule:

Pitch Conditions
G19 Each Club shall ensure that the field of play at its Registered Ground and at any other ground
at which it is the Home Club for a League, League Cup or Play-Off Match is;
a) smooth and in good condition and repair; and
b) equipped with an efficient and effective drainage system so as to minimize the chance
of the pitch becoming unplayable due to flooding.

That surely rules out Lothian and Tynecastle for ever being promoted :whistle

On a serious note:

G21 Clubs will ensure that they have floodlights of sufficient quality to play competitive matches
midweek throughout the season. If a club does not have adequate floodlights it must apply for
a dispensation from the Board by the Completion Date each year and provide evidence that it
has an agreement to use alternative ground(s) for midweek fixtures under floodlights. Such
ground must be (a) the registered ground of a club in membership of the SLFL or SPFL and for
which that club holds a current Club Licence or (b) another ground which complies with the
requirements for Club Licensing and has been approved by the Board.

I'm left wondering why some teams don't satisfy this requirement yet still remain in the league - i.e. Whitehill?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

How have you concluded that Whitehill - or indeed CSS, Vale or Selkirk - don't satisfy that requirement?

If required to, where would Whitehill play a 'home' game under lights?

It looks like the teams you've mentioned are satisfying the requirement but depending on the goodwill of other teams to let them use their facility.  

37 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I'm left wondering how people can leave school without knowing the difference between i.e. and e.g. :lol:

I blame my teachers.  They spent more time striking than thinking about us poor pupils and the future we faced; a future faced with cruel ridicule from people who should know better. 

Especially people who are prone to the odd grammatical error themselves.....;)

1 hour ago, MDM said:

I blame my teachers.  They spent more time striking than thinking about us poor pupils and the future we faced; a future faced with cruel ridicule from people who should know better. 

Especially people who are prone to the odd grammatical error themselves.....;)

Good points, and my apologies, I actually came in to see if I still had time to delete that comment. Mind you, did the Primary teachers actually go on strike? :whistle

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Good points, and my apologies, I actually came in to see if I still had time to delete that comment. Mind you, did the Primary teachers actually go on strike? :whistle

Below the belt Mantis:thumbsdown

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2018 at 22:23, Ginaro said:
  1. EoSFL v SoSFL both licensed - play-off with each other
  2. Only one team licensed - that teams goes up without a play-off
  3. No team licensed - no one gets promoted

Since it's a 16 team league, if Cowdenbeath come down but no Lowland League team gets promoted then the 15th team also gets relegated to balance the numbers.

Found the rules after I asked the same thing on the previous page - rule B4: http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-8.pdf

thanks

On 09/02/2018 at 10:53, MDM said:

If required to, where would Whitehill play a 'home' game under lights?

It looks like the teams you've mentioned are satisfying the requirement but depending on the goodwill of other teams to let them use their facility.  

They could always play at Dalkeith - the ground is approved by the SFA for SWPL fixtures and  Livi U20s in their midweek league fixtures previously. 

After seeing Hawick on Sunday get a point against (an admittedly far from their best) Shire side, is do wonder - is it possible they could actually stay up, after the start they made?

If I'm right in thinking they have ten points to make up, with ten left to play, and and if they play regularly like they did on Sunday it might not be totally impossible. They constantly pressed, forced us into meaningless possession that couldn't hurt them, and were very well organised in defense. Goalie had a great game as well.  It helps them that Star have been remarkably poor this season, they look set to get what in most other seasons would be a bottom-place points tally

4 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

After seeing Hawick on Sunday get a point against (an admittedly far from their best) Shire side, is do wonder - is it possible they could actually stay up, after the start they made?

If I'm right in thinking they have ten points to make up, with ten left to play, and and if they play regularly like they did on Sunday it might not be totally impossible. They constantly pressed, forced us into meaningless possession that couldn't hurt them, and were very well organised in defense. Goalie had a great game as well.  It helps them that Star have been remarkably poor this season, they look set to get what in most other seasons would be a bottom-place points tally

Astounding naivety! Hawick will comfortably finish bottom. One unlikely decent result does not a season make, as you’ll rapidly discover.

23 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Astounding naivety! Hawick will comfortably finish bottom. One unlikely decent result does not a season make, as you’ll rapidly discover.

After watching Hawick at Raydale today and looking at their remaining fixtures, I agree with AlansHotBath that relegation has not been decided yet.  Hawick were unlucky  not to get at least a point today.  They looked a hard but skillful team,  although their discipline could let them down 

In the run they have at least half a dozen "winnable" games.  Star and Vale will be looking over the shoulders for the next few weeks anyway.

After watching Hawick at Raydale today and looking at their remaining fixtures, I agree with AlansHotBath that relegation has not been decided yet.  Hawick were unlucky  not to get at least a point today.  They looked a hard but skillful team,  although their discipline could let them down 
In the run they have at least half a dozen "winnable" games.  Star and Vale will be looking over the shoulders for the next few weeks anyway.

If cove go up and Cowdenbeath come down two teams are relegated

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

I certainly accept that Hawick are a different proposition now compared to earlier in the season, and appreciate there are ‘winnable’ games left. But they’ve still only managed 1 win in 21 attempts, and need to win 4 of their last 9 to go above Dalbeattie - and that’s assuming they don’t pick up points. Even at that two may go down anyway. 

The battle between EK and Spartans to be champions will be worth watching however over the next month or so.

2 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

I certainly accept that Hawick are a different proposition now compared to earlier in the season, and appreciate there are ‘winnable’ games left. But they’ve still only managed 1 win in 21 attempts, and need to win 4 of their last 9 to go above Dalbeattie - and that’s assuming they don’t pick up points. Even at that two may go down anyway. 

The battle between EK and Spartans to be champions will be worth watching however over the next month or so.

Do BSC not have a say as well??

17 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Do BSC not have a say as well??

BSC's run in looks relatively straightforward on paper other than the EK game, which provides an opportunity to claw points back on one of the other contenders, so definitely in with a shout if they are on top form:

On 2018/02/04 at 16:46, HibeeJibee said:

East Kilb       BSC Glasgow       East Stir        Spartans

Sat 03 Mar                     Glasgow U (A)                                      SCC R4

Sat 10 Mar

Sat 17 Mar    Civil SS  (A)    Gretna    (H)    Vale of L (H)    Cumbern’d (H)

Sat 24 Mar    ?         (N)                                      ?         (N)    EQC Fin

Sat 31 Mar                     ?         ( )                                      SCC SF
Sat 07 Apr    BSC Glasg (A)    East Kilb (H)    Whitehill (H)    Gretna    (A)

Sat 14 Apr    Stir Univ (A)    Hawick    (H)    Spartans  (A)    East Stir (H)

No date yet   Whitehill (A)    Civil SS  (H)    Spartans  (H)    Stir Univ (H)

Edin Univ (A)    Hawick    (A)    Dalbeat’e (A)

Whitehill (A)                     East Stir (A)

Hawick    (A)

Whitehill (A)

Archived