Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

10 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:
But in all seriousness when/if Cowden finish bottom again surely they should be automatically relegated?

Nah

7 hours ago, onecowden said:

Nah

The Cowden fans are singing 'Hey Jude'...

Guest Landan Spiv
21 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Think Edinburgh city could be set for bottom place this year. 

You don't even know what signings we've made yet to come up with that prediction. Then again........... I haven't a clue who we've signed yet either 

On 6/3/2018 at 12:07, Landan Spiv said:

You don't even know what signings we've made yet to come up with that prediction.

It's crazy anyone making any predictions at the start of June, when clubs only have maybe half a squad left on their books!

Wait until August to see who has the best team.  

Edited by Tenkay

After years of being in here I still have feelings for those left behind and can only hope the Mo continue to thrive. We know how it feels to have a trapdoor in just in 10 team division when anyone can have a bad run maybe just through long term injuries. Finishing bottom regularly is different, I accept that but there has to be a better way of sorting it out in a pyramid system. I hear 15 teams have joined the EoS League next season so hopefully that will eventually lead to a Midland section to rival the HL and LL which in turn could mean any Angus club being relegated could go into a ML rather than the HL as Angus is simply not in the Highlands and connects more with the Midlands for players and everything else these days.

Oh, and while I'm pontificating I still think three bigger divisions with automatic relegation would be better than the present 10 team boring divisions. The champs of the next step down the pyramid can fight it out for the promotion slot.

21 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

After years of being in here I still have feelings for those left behind and can only hope the Mo continue to thrive. We know how it feels to have a trapdoor in just in 10 team division when anyone can have a bad run maybe just through long term injuries. Finishing bottom regularly is different, I accept that but there has to be a better way of sorting it out in a pyramid system. I hear 15 teams have joined the EoS League next season so hopefully that will eventually lead to a Midland section to rival the HL and LL which in turn could mean any Angus club being relegated could go into a ML rather than the HL as Angus is simply not in the Highlands and connects more with the Midlands for players and everything else these days.

Oh, and while I'm pontificating I still think three bigger divisions with automatic relegation would be better than the present 10 team boring divisions. The champs of the next step down the pyramid can fight it out for the promotion slot.

There are 26 teams that joined the LL. But to be honest, I think it's unlikely that the boundary will change any time soon, 2 tier 5 leagues is a clear condition of the pyramid at the moment. Any south of Tay club to get relegated in the near future (but not immediately) will end up in a decent league with a whole bunch of ex-juniors and stronger LL teams like Spartans, Shire etc. A HL area team getting relegated will probably have a much less attractive league to end up in.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

There are 26 teams that joined the LL. But to be honest, I think it's unlikely that the boundary will change any time soon, 2 tier 5 leagues is a clear condition of the pyramid at the moment. Any south of Tay club to get relegated in the near future (but not immediately) will end up in a decent league with a whole bunch of ex-juniors and stronger LL teams like Spartans, Shire etc. A HL area team getting relegated will probably have a much less attractive league to end up in.

I think you will be right for a while yet because those who have the voting power I doubt are really interested in the lower tiers and the SPFL management I guess can only change things if the clubs vote for change. Don't know about you but as a fan of Scottish football overall I just don't feel comfortable with the set up as it is.

4 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I think you will be right for a while yet because those who have the voting power I doubt are really interested in the lower tiers and the SPFL management I guess can only change things if the clubs vote for change. Don't know about you but as a fan of Scottish football overall I just don't feel comfortable with the set up as it is.

There is a lot that needs to be improved to the pyramid, but I'm hopeful. Change is now coming from below. With the big junior sides getting into the pyramid and some possibly making their way towards the SPFL, they will force change through as it will become clear it can't stay the way it is.

21 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

There is a body of Rovers supporters fearing the worst for next season.

Well at worst you would go into the LL unlike some of us who would go into the HL which would be a lot worse and a logistical nightmare. Hope the wee Rovers turn it around though and have a decent season - it's not nice in the trapdoor division and nobody outside L2 seems to care.

On 20-6-2018 at 23:22, Bold Rover said:

There is a body of Rovers supporters fearing the worst for next season.

We exist, so don't get too worried :whistle

At this point, there's about three or four more signings Berwick needs to get on board for a full 18 man squad, but that trio or quartet are going to have to be really impressive players at this rate. Cowden's had meaningful additions, Edinburgh City are looking more like a L1 play-off team each day, and I don't doubt Annan to have their shite together as well; might end up being a bigger struggle for the Black and Gold in 18/19 than across the past two seasons.

• 10 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 08:26, DutchBorderer said:

Cowden's had meaningful additions, Edinburgh City are looking more like a L1 play-off team each day, and I don't doubt Annan to have their shite together as well; might end up being a bigger struggle for the Black and Gold in 18/19 than across the past two seasons.

NostraEDAMus.