Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

But you are.

You were all for the colts coming in if it meant Cowden got more cash and you bored everyone to tears with that on the other thread. No matter what it meant for the competition or the league.

There’s no way you’d be happy with the way things are now if you were to go down, you’d most definitely do a 180 and start championing the automatic up and down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what you see is best for your club but don’t try and kid anyone else on.

Idiot found. Again.

But you are.

You were all for the colts coming in if it meant Cowden got more cash and you bored everyone to tears with that on the other thread. No matter what it meant for the competition or the league.

There’s no way you’d be happy with the way things are now if you were to go down, you’d most definitely do a 180 and start championing the automatic up and down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what you see is best for your club but don’t try and kid anyone else on.

Still clueless

Me and many others going by that other thread. It’s no surprise someone picked you up on your comment on here after your comments on the colts thread.

The herd, the bandwagon, the post-truthers - your views based on prejudice rather than the facts and the points actually being made

9 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Automatic promotion and relegation is the only way forward. Scottish football should consider 3 national leagues of 16 and regionalised football below that.

I'd go along with that. Only reason I tongue in cheek suggested above that a L3 be created was to make the point that I didn't think enough HL and LL teams would apply to join a nationally geographical structure. In other words there simply are not enough who want in the SPFL. If the Juniors came on board though it would be different and I'd change my tune as I think that would benefit Scottish football overall long term and enable a much more robust pyramid.

Your idea of a 48 three division set up though with auto relegation etc. is sensible in my opinion as that would let in 6 clubs who really want to come in. I just don't buy the watering down of sponsorship money some fans go on about. OK, yes it would but that's so narrow minded and simply blocks progress. If we had a new fresher set up it might even attract better sponsorship and is certainly worth considering for the long term overall good. Tempted to say but when did commonsense come into Scottish football but I won't!

The Lowland League teams seem to be more ambitious that the Highland League teams. You could easily get 6 teams to joing the SPFL.

I think it would enhance Scottish football, in particular the SPL. Each team would only get 2 games against their rivals, which surely would make it more competetive!

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Girfuy, Cowdenbeath FC, SPFL

You seem to be under the impression that the other L2 clubs wanted to see Cowdung go down. Why would they, when it's at least ten points guaranteed every season?

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The Lowland League teams seem to be more ambitious that the Highland League teams. You could easily get 6 teams to joing the SPFL.

I think it would enhance Scottish football, in particular the SPL. Each team would only get 2 games against their rivals, which surely would make it more competetive!

As someone who likes to dabble in watching the LL I would say the clubs with the most chance of stepping up would be Shire obviously, Spartans, EK and  Kelty. BSC have done well on the park this season but with them being stuck in Alloa would this be the right time for them to move up who knows.

Cumbernauld are a decent side with a decent ground who could probably do it, Gala have the ground but not really the team at this time. Gretna would be another.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

When Cowden finish bottom again they should automatically go dowm.

If we haven’t learned that hoofing the ball up to a lone striker surrounded by defenders isn’t too clever, we will deserve to go down.

I really hope we have learned something from the last two seasons.

This cannot happen again.

B’Jesus it looks like it’s going to be up to the mighty Brora Rangers to sort this next season. New manager and a new strong squad raring to get going. Probably Brora v Clyde in next season’s repeat, and unlike Cowdenbeath the boys from the hamlet in Sutherland won’t make any mistakes. Canna wait for the 18/19 Trapdoor watch to get released so we can start poking at Clyde early.
B’Jesus also need to apologise on behalf of the Highland League for the behaviour of the tinkers aka Cove Rangers. They certainly not welcomed back into the HL after they said goodbye to the other 17 teams. Arrogance personified.

18 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The fact that the Lowland & Highland leagues have a poor record right now against Club 42 probably doesn't help their position.

Maybe after knocking ten bells oot of each other over 2 games has an impact on playing the well rested SPFL side. 

When you've a lot fewer teams on the northern side of the tay that's what's making the pyramid a bit lopsided. 

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybe after knocking ten bells oot of each other over 2 games has an impact on playing the well rested SPFL side. 

When you've a lot fewer teams on the northern side of the tay that's what's making the pyramid a bit lopsided. 

With how close they've usually been, I think the bigger issue has been Club 42 getting home field advantage in the 2nd leg every year. 3 goals in the first legs and 12 goals in the second legs would suggest two dramatically different approaches to a first leg tie over the second leg. Flip home field advantage in the second leg and you might have flipped some of the outcomes.

1-0, 3-1

1-1, 0-1

0-0, 1-1

0-0, 3-2