The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

Very Harsh to sack him in the Kelty Hearts referees room after the game considering they’d have all been travelling home on the bus.

That clubs going backwards. Every season they start by looking like they’re are getting their act together and then halfway through it they become a gang. Every season since the LL came in

41 minutes ago, gogsy said:

New manager will be at fans forum on Monday according to post by chairman.

Not too hard to guess who it might be.

It is a shame about Chris,  nice guy doing his first Management gig but that inexperience has cost him.

And partly our League position. 

22 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Not too hard to guess who it might be.

It is a shame about Chris,  nice guy doing his first Management gig but that inexperience has cost him.

And partly our League position. 

Who do you think it will be? It's sad to Chris and John depart, I really believed in them and wanted them to do well. But football is a results business and unfortunately the results just havent been good enough. 

44 minutes ago, thisisneeds said:

Who do you think it will be? It's sad to Chris and John depart, I really believed in them and wanted them to do well. But football is a results business and unfortunately the results just havent been good enough. 

Only rumours that are reaching me so can't be sure until Monday night.

Nikki White. 

Spoke to Nikki last night, 100% not him.  Was very unprofessional of the club to not only sack him after the game but to actually word it saying “manager & assistant sacked” I said he would get sacked as i heard a rumour last weekend but i joked yesterday after Chris scored that he’d earned a reprieve. 

Fans forum on Monday night and new manager will be unveiled.

Welcome to Gretna 2008 Rowan Alexander

2 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

Spoke to Nikki last night, 100% not him.  Was very unprofessional of the club to not only sack him after the game but to actually word it saying “manager & assistant sacked” I said he would get sacked as i heard a rumour last weekend but i joked yesterday after Chris scored that he’d earned a reprieve. 

good choice

Hope there’s a clause in his contract that stipulates he must wear his Scottish Cup Final regalia to every game. That would lighten up the league.

Good showing at the fans forum tonight, even though the new gaffer was an hour and a half late 😂 Rowan came across really well, definitely think we have the right man in charge to take us forward (at least for the rest of this season at least) He won’t stand for any shit.  Hard work to come but looking forward to it.