gretnascotty

The Gretna 2008 Thread

Seeing all these “Team of the Decade” posts on twitter got me thinking who would make our team.........For someone that can remember our original 08 squad there are plenty i can choose from but what does everyone else think? 

Could do with a few of the strikers of the past at the moment!

I’ll post my team at some point this week 😂

Thoughts from yesterday’s game;

Our best performance of the season (certainly from the games i have been to) Every player that played deserves praise for their performance.  Best team on the pitch by a mile, one error at the back cost us another deserved 3 points.  Dominated for long periods, it was nice to see us finally get the ball down and pass it, we were playing the ball down the wings & there were some really good interchanges between the full backs and wingers.  Deano broke the ball up superbly in the middle all game and Lussaint really ran them ragged through the middle, he has a really good first touch & has good feet for a big guy.  Renyard seemed to be playing all along the forward line, he caused their defence problems all day and was really unlucky not to score.  Smales had an off day in front of goal but he linked well with Renyard at times, he missed two great chances in both half’s and we really should have been out of site by the time they equalised.  Defence all played their part too, Gilly brings plenty of experience, Jack Hunter was immense & young Jack Patrick did really well at RB, Jake Smith had a really good game on the left as well.  Thought everyone did their bit and it’s something we can really build on in the coming weeks!

Quick mention for Dan Wadge, played his last game for us yesterday and is on his way travelling to Australia this week, good luck mate and thanks for your efforts over the past few years, you’ll be missed!

Also can anyone (preferably at the club) shed any light on Dan Carmichael? Included by name last week (not down as a trialist) but knowhere to be seen this week and no mention from the club if he’s signed or not! Be a great addition & a welcome return!

Edited by gretnascotty

6 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

Thoughts from yesterday’s game;

Our best performance of the season (certainly from the games i have been to) Every player that played deserves praise for their performance.  Best team on the pitch by a mile, one error at the back cost us another deserved 3 points.  Dominated for long periods, it was nice to see us finally get the ball down and pass it, we were playing the ball down the wings & there were some really good interchanges between the full backs and wingers.  Deano broke the ball up superbly in the middle all game and Lussaint really ran them ragged through the middle, he has a really good first touch & has good feet for a big guy.  Renyard seemed to be playing all along the forward line, he caused their defence problems all day and was really unlucky not to score.  Smales had an off day in front of goal but he linked well with Renyard at times, he missed two great chances in both half’s and we really should have been out of site by the time they equalised.  Defence all played their part too, Gilly brings plenty of experience, Jack Hunter was immense & young Jack Patrick did really well at RB, Jake Smith had a really good game on the left as well.  Thought everyone did their bit and it’s something we can really build on in the coming weeks!

Quick mention for Dan Wadge, played his last game for us yesterday and is on his way travelling to Australia this week, good luck mate and thanks for your efforts over the past few years, you’ll be missed!

Also can anyone (preferably at the club) shed any light on Dan Carmichael? Included by name last week (not down as a trialist) but knowhere to be seen this week and no mention from the club if he’s signed or not! Be a great addition & a welcome return!

Great assessment of the game, agree with every point made. Deserved the three points. Good luck to Dan on the travelling will miss him, as he is always consistent performer. Regarding Dan Charmichael, he's not signing, his decision I think. 

3 hours ago, thisisneeds said:

Great assessment of the game, agree with every point made. Deserved the three points. Good luck to Dan on the travelling will miss him, as he is always consistent performer. Regarding Dan Charmichael, he's not signing, his decision I think. 

Who told you about Carmichael? Thought it was strange how they had his name on the teamsheet last week, your supposed to put trialist unless the player has signed

8 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Who told you about Carmichael? Thought it was strange how they had his name on the teamsheet last week, your supposed to put trialist unless the player has signed

Not saying names but a reliable source. 

On 05/01/2020 at 19:36, gretnascotty said:

Seeing all these “Team of the Decade” posts on twitter got me thinking who would make our team.........For someone that can remember our original 08 squad there are plenty i can choose from but what does everyone else think? 

Could do with a few of the strikers of the past at the moment!

I’ll post my team at some point this week 😂

how about this lot for starters Scotty?

gala 6 002 - Copy[1].JPG

20 minutes ago, footballcfb-spfl said:

Danny Grainger on his time at the club -

Never played for Gretna2008 :unsure2:

On 23/01/2020 at 16:18, pantaloon said:

how about this lot for starters Scotty?

gala 6 002 - Copy[1].JPG

A well washed Kit there.

Who boil washed our team shirts?

The numbers and the writing are peeling off.

1 minute ago, @footballCFB said:

So you don’t look back on Gretna FC with fondness?

Not something I'm bothered about, just pointing out Gretna 2008 isn't the team Danny Grainger  played for.

On 20/02/2020 at 18:19, @footballCFB said:

I understand that but felt there was the best thread for his Gretna content. Apologises if I got it wrong.

no apologies needed we ALL know and love Danny....class player and a gentleman to boot.