The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Greetings from Manchester.

I'm the editor of FC United's programme and we feature a regular article of set questions with a fan-owned club member.

I've had no response to a message I sent to the club so I was wondering if there's anyone on here, preferably somebody who has been involved since your club's rebirth, who'd be interested in sparing an hour to answer some questions about Gretna 2008?

If you could send me a message on here or reply to this if interested then hopefully we can get something in one of our future programmes.

Cheers

There's a Grenta 2008 podcast that started recently and are active on twitter, might be worth getting in touch with them? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretnaFansPod 

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

Greetings from Manchester.

I'm the editor of FC United's programme and we feature a regular article of set questions with a fan-owned club member.

I've had no response to a message I sent to the club so I was wondering if there's anyone on here, preferably somebody who has been involved since your club's rebirth, who'd be interested in sparing an hour to answer some questions about Gretna 2008?

If you could send me a message on here or reply to this if interested then hopefully we can get something in one of our future programmes.

Cheers

This guy seems to be their most active fan on Twitter https://twitter.com/thisisneeds

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 06/04/2020 at 15:06, gretnascotty said:

WIth everything going on in the world and Football taking a back seat i’m sure you’ll have seen all these best elevens on Social Media whether it be best current side, best of all time, best of all time for your club.  So here is my best ever eleven for Gretna 2008.

Gretna 2008 Best Eleven

Goalkeeper - Graham Wright

Defender - Ryan Errington

Defender - Dean Rea

Defender - John Jardine

Defender - Curtis Wood

Midfield - Brandon Longcake

Midfield - Steven Rudd

Midfield - Adam Main

Midfield - Dan Carmichael

Forward - Ian Anderson

Forward - Tony Nicholson

Subs

Johnny Jamieson

Nikki White

Alan Inglis

Ian Cummersky

Joseph Slattery

David Renyard

Gavin Reilly

Phil Storey

Manager - Kenny Brown

What happened to Tony Nicholson? When i went to watch games when Gretna were in the EOS, he was a stand out. Same with Renyard and Carmichael (Now at Threave). 

• 1 month later...
On 07/06/2021 at 13:22, Ginaro said:

Kept this news quiet!

one thing i always thought was the lack of updates from the club - seriously needing some more work updating the fans on plans and updates to the club. 

good news for the pitch however, hopefully help with revenue and in turn might help recruitment if other teams are playing closer to home and able to get a good look at them

2 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

one thing i always thought was the lack of updates from the club - seriously needing some more work updating the fans on plans and updates to the club. 

Some clubs have small committees and as much as social media can get information out it's not always feasible to have the time to do all the media updates. 

Gretna have a very small band of loyal fans who I'm sure will be kept updated. 

I'd imagine many small clubs are in the same position regarding social media. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Poor Gretna. 9-1 to one of the B teams is tough to take. One of my favourite ever away days in 30 odd years travelling to watch the  Dees was your season in the Championship when we went down there as supposed lambs to the slaughter and were 4-0 up after 35 minutes. It was the only time I've ever been to your bonny wee village. Do you still play in the same stadium and is the away end still a hundred yard long bus shelter?

12 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Poor Gretna. 9-1 to one of the B teams is tough to take. One of my favourite ever away days in 30 odd years travelling to watch the  Dees was your season in the Championship when we went down there as supposed lambs to the slaughter and were 4-0 up after 35 minutes. It was the only time I've ever been to your bonny wee village. Do you still play in the same stadium and is the away end still a hundred yard long bus shelter?

Would be a lot easier to be sympathetic if they hadn't voted for that farce to happen, entirely self inflicted thanks to selling out for the bigot coin