The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

• 1 month later...

WIth everything going on in the world and Football taking a back seat i’m sure you’ll have seen all these best elevens on Social Media whether it be best current side, best of all time, best of all time for your club.  So here is my best ever eleven for Gretna 2008.

Gretna 2008 Best Eleven

Goalkeeper - Graham Wright

Defender - Ryan Errington

Defender - Dean Rea

Defender - John Jardine

Defender - Curtis Wood

Midfield - Brandon Longcake

Midfield - Steven Rudd

Midfield - Adam Main

Midfield - Dan Carmichael

Forward - Ian Anderson

Forward - Tony Nicholson

Subs

Johnny Jamieson

Nikki White

Alan Inglis

Ian Cummersky

Joseph Slattery

David Renyard

Gavin Reilly

Phil Storey

Manager - Kenny Brown

Will think about it.

But Goalkeeper Johnny Jamison 

Alan Inglis,  hardest worker I've ever seen. 

Dan Carmichael 

Tony Nicholson 

John Jardine  ( physo ) 

Gavin Reilly, though he was on loan!

Maybe more later.

Manager? To be decided. 

Great news coming out from the club this evening that the gaffer Rowan Alexander is staying for at least another season.  I don't think you can judge the guy on what he did coming in midway through the season, had to practically bring players in very short notice and get them to play his style of play, add to the fact that all those storms postponed a number of games and now Covid-19, it will be good for Rowan to start to assemble his squad for the new season whenever that maybe.

On 18/04/2020 at 20:06, gretnascotty said:

Great news coming out from the club this evening that the gaffer Rowan Alexander is staying for at least another season.  I don't think you can judge the guy on what he did coming in midway through the season, had to practically bring players in very short notice and get them to play his style of play, add to the fact that all those storms postponed a number of games and now Covid-19, it will be good for Rowan to start to assemble his squad for the new season whenever that maybe.

As I've posted on our Facebook page we need to have a Squad ready from day one.

We can't go ten matches before winning a game.

Won't get away with it each Season. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, myself and Iain Martin have started a Gretna 2008 FC Fans Podcast. We have a list of guests lined up in the coming week, transfer news, match previews and reviews when the season starts and lots more from the club. 

Here's the first episode. 

We are going to try and do weekly episodes. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1IDXwGEigiXFDK2d0ESVWl?si=EHk--D6VRFutZFJNqNVH_w

Many thanks 

Jonathan 

• 3 months later...

Greetings from Manchester.

I'm the editor of FC United's programme and we feature a regular article of set questions with a fan-owned club member.

I've had no response to a message I sent to the club so I was wondering if there's anyone on here, preferably somebody who has been involved since your club's rebirth, who'd be interested in sparing an hour to answer some questions about Gretna 2008?

If you could send me a message on here or reply to this if interested then hopefully we can get something in one of our future programmes.

Cheers