The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

On 27/07/2019 at 20:58, sureiknow said:

And a bad start imo.

Teams like C.S.S. are the ones we should be looking to get a point or three from if we need to avoid relegation

Lost 0-3.

Not a good sign.

Strollers were unlucky not to get 4th last season under Gary Jardine. Wouldn't be too down on the result. They have a good team and a very good manager. 

Though I will say I don't know what to expect from Gretna this season. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

10-0??  What's happening at Gretna?

Kelty are a class above many LL sides this season.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Are there any Gretna fans left on here?

Quite a few on here were decent for a debate or two a few seasons back until the committee at the club totally changed. 

The place,let alone the posters on here,has never been the same unfortunately.

Edited by newcastle broon

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 12:10, newcastle broon said:

Kelty are a class above many LL sides this season.

Quite a few on here were decent for a debate or two a few seasons back until the committee at the club totally changed. 

The place,let alone the posters on here,has never been the same unfortunately.

I think there are 2 of us left on here that post anything lol.  Your right about the committee etc, put anything negative on our facebook or twitter page and you practically get blocked (been blocked and unblocked on 2 occasions already) The people running the club don’t want to hear anything negative regardless of how the club has been run off and on the park.  Unfortunately “on the park” seems to be worse this season, averaging 4/5 goals conceded per game, another humping today (to be expected to be fair) but the Star game last weekend was a big eye opener.  

Things can only get better as they say but a few of us will still be here regardless, the good times will come again...........i hope 😳😀

14 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

I think there are 2 of us left on here that post anything lol.  Your right about the committee etc, put anything negative on our facebook or twitter page and you practically get blocked (been blocked and unblocked on 2 occasions already) 

Soon .....

We are being hit badly by injuries,  get two players back then another two get injured etc.

Different players seemly in every week.

We need a settled Team soon and we can't just expect to get six points of Vale to survive. 

Need to stop letting so many goals in and pick up some points from bottom say five or six teams as well.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What happened to Cicero?

Beheaded on the orders of Mark Antony, IIRC.

EDIT: That being Mark Antony, Consul of Rome and half of historical double-act Antony & Cleopatra... and not Marc Anthony, tubby Berwick Rangers midfielder who popped-up about 10yrs later starring in the Australian top division.

As far as I'm aware Marc Anthony the midfielder has never had anyone beheaded.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Last night while watching the draw i was getting excited about the prospect of getting a really good home tie or if it was to be an away tie, Annan, Queens Park or Albion away really appealed (had a great day out at Cliftonhille watching the old Gretna win League 2 there when i was about 18/19) but unfortunately we got EK away.  Obviously we know plenty about the opposition but i really didn’t want anyone away from home in our own league & its an extremely tough game regardless.

Going back to Saturday’s game against Hill of Beath though, i really expected a better standard from them, 3rd in the East Premier & with odds of 4/11 the bookmakers expected they’d batter us but in all honesty all they had was a big punt up the field every time they got the ball.  We rode our luck in the first half but also missed a couple of decent chances ourselves.  We deserved to win the game, i thought each of them to a man were outstanding and was really refreshing to see a solid team performance (clean sheet being a welcome bonus) rather than some of the drivel we’ve seen so far this season.  That was the first time where i’ve looked at the 11 on the park and thought we had a settled looking side, we did miss Wadge our captain but he’ll struggle to get back in that centre back pairing of Dicko & Jackson.

Bonnyrigg Rose on Saturday, hopefully i make the game as i have work but while it will be an extremely tough game i think if we can perform like the weekend just gone then we have a chance! 

I said on our facebook page last week we have to stop moaning about these junior teams, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow etc they might have more money, better players, setups etc but we’re beat as soon as the 1st goal goes in, heads drop and we get pumped 5,6-0 and more and the excuses from some of the guys at the club is what i’ve just mentioned.  A football match starts at 0-0 and we have to go out there regardless of the opposition and fight tooth and nail to get results in every game this season.  That is the only way we’ll survive.