The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

What's the script with Danny Carmichael and Gretna FC 2008?  Heard he played a couple of pre-season games with you. Sean him from a distance at Palmerston last Saturday with a black tracksuit on. Is he signing or simply training to get some fitness back?

On 27/07/2018 at 11:20, Sermani said:

What's the script with Danny Carmichael and Gretna FC 2008?  Heard he played a couple of pre-season games with you. Sean him from a distance at Palmerston last Saturday with a black tracksuit on. Is he signing or simply training to get some fitness back?

He was a trialist on Saturday & despite a poor team performance he was one of our better performers, didnt play tonight though but i’ve heard nothing from the club on him signing.

Selkirk 0-8 Gretna

Simply put........Did not see this coming after saturday’s shocker! Great response from the lads. Couldn’t make the game unfortunately & unlikely to see another match until September but a big confidence booster regardless of whatever bad times Selkirk are going through.

Bit disappointed we failed to better EK’s result on Saturday though 

:lol::lol::lol:

19 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

Selkirk 0-8 Gretna

Simply put........Did not see this coming after saturday’s shocker! Great response from the lads. Couldn’t make the game unfortunately & unlikely to see another match until September but a big confidence booster regardless of whatever bad times Selkirk are going through.

Bit disappointed we failed to better EK’s result on Saturday though 

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes just didn't know what to expect. 

After the hammering a team gets you always expect a strong response next match.

Now Whitehill! 

Two wins by us against two struggling teams.
I'll take it.
We seem to be getting most of our 1st team squad back.
Hopefully that opening game was only a blip.

Thought Gretna were a wee bit fortunate in getting the 3 points today and WWFC deserved something from it. However that said three defensive mistakes cost them in then end.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Shame, they really turned things round last season. Wonder if Mr White might get a wee phone call he’s done well at Lochar ? :) 

He has to be favourite.

I know Davie Irons is a experienced Manager but I'm not too sorry to see him go.

Big Stuart Rome no doubt will take over temporary. 

12 hours ago, sureiknow said:

He has to be favourite.

I know Davie Irons is a experienced Manager but I'm not too sorry to see him go.

Big Stuart Rome no doubt will take over temporary. 

Romie was in the dug out last Saturday as Davy Irons was serving a six match ban......what about a return for Alexander

• 2 months later...

A shock to people outside the south of scotland league but that lochar team has numerous players that could play at dalbeattie but they seem to be a close knit group that play for each other rather than chase the money. Lochars current manager is from the Gretna area but I don't think he would tempted by that job just yet. Would Bryan Gilfillan be interested?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...