26th August Scores and updates

The'FORD

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn 2 (Hall, Smith)
Darvel Juniors 4 (Henderson 2, Armour, Parris)

Pictures and full match report to follow.

Glencairn keeper kept them In the game first half four or five great saves well done you were the better team  2ND half you will do OK this year 

Dreadful error by McGoldrick lost Lok the game today.As I said before I do not think he is as good as Gal and just feel the manager is playing him to justify his signing.
We were however much better this week and were in no danger of losing the game up until that point.For long spells we dominated and playing good passing football but just couldn't convert the chances.

Chances? Don't recall many of these. A lot of the ball yes, but not many chances created. Void of ideas.

50 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Chances? Don't recall many of these. A lot of the ball yes, but not many chances created. Void of ideas.

True enough-a few saved shots and some headers over but maybe not much.Do we have too many wee men making lots of passes but lacking a real goal threat?Perhaps 

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Bankies will play worse and win, physical without being dirty, buffs stayed in the game and got a good win.

COYB

Just home, really enjoyed the kilwinning game, clydebank excellent first half, both teams r worth the admission fee, fitness levels outstanding, last time Buffs were as good in the  second half? Linthigow 4-1 ? Bankies will scare a few teams on that 1st half showing, holm park too much of a trip, but if they r in ayrshire I'll go and watch!

True enough-a few saved shots and some headers over but maybe not much.Do we have too many wee men making lots of passes but lacking a real goal threat?Perhaps 

Think Lok thought they were signing a great goalscorer when they got Forde ( well no technically signed yet [emoji23])
But Fordy was never a goalscorer & never will be . Cracking player but a worker who needs 3 or 4 chances to get a goal . Would have been a cracking foil for Davie but u punted him to Buffs

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Think Lok thought they were signing a great goalscorer when they got Forde ( well no technically signed yet emoji23.png)
But Fordy was never a goalscorer & never will be . Cracking player but a worker who needs 3 or 4 chances to get a goal . Would have been a cracking foil for Davie but u punted him to Buffs

Never a goalscorer ? Top scorer super league and kept Ladeside up.

Dreadful error by McGoldrick lost Lok the game today.As I said before I do not think he is as good as Gal and just feel the manager is playing him to justify his signing.
We were however much better this week and were in no danger of losing the game up until that point.For long spells we dominated and playing good passing football but just couldn't convert the chances.

Although I understand why you would say what is in your post , I think it gives the impression that it was very one sided and the result wasn't justified

Although the game was not a classic, I felt that both teams had long periods of domination, Pollok in first 20-25 mins of first half and Cumnock finishing half stronger

In second half, think that Cumnock were dominating in the 10-15 minutes before the goal and then did a good job of playing out time and not panicking

Game could have went other way, but Cumnock deserved the points by playing right through to the end and if been a bit more direct at times, could have won game before they did

Just home, really enjoyed the kilwinning game, clydebank excellent first half, both teams r worth the admission fee, fitness levels outstanding, last time Buffs were as good in the  second half? Linthigow 4-1 ? Bankies will scare a few teams on that 1st half showing, holm park too much of a trip, but if they r in ayrshire I'll go and watch!

Ayrshire bankie [emoji106]

Hard to tell at the stage as I don't think we get the ball into the box that often to see if we have a goal scorer.

I would imagine if given opportunities Forde, Mccluskey and Hepburn will score goals, just need to create openings for them.

11 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Cmon mate .
Cracking player but never a Longworth or a Morton Milne .
Run all day but not in the same mould as those above

Lack of appreciation is the reason he left. Every striker is now being judged on Longworth , it's wrong , Jammer was special. James Marks was another not accepted cause he wisnae Longworth. Had Forde picked up an injury at any point last season , Ladeside would be in Super 1st. Milne was a scorer of great goals but never a great scorer apart from Scottish cup final season , which is why he went to Dalry while Mills went to Talbot. Morton was great to watch but chasing back giving everything was not really for him...which is why he is so good at golf lol

Lack of appreciation is the reason he left. Every striker is now being judged on Longworth , it's wrong , Jammer was special. James Marks was another not accepted cause he wisnae Longworth. Had Forde picked up an injury at any point last season , Ladeside would be in Super 1st. Milne was a scorer of great goals but never a great scorer apart from Scottish cup final season , which is why he went to Dalry while Mills went to Talbot. Morton was great to watch but chasing back giving everything was not really for him...which is why he is so good at golf lol

Aye theres no a day goes by when use ladeside boys dont mention longworth. Move on hes no coming back haha

Mon the papers

Archived