September 2nd West Premier fixtures etc

archieb

Well let me have an input. I am not a committee man of any club but I have good friends in the committee of the club I support. Knowing I am a very good and loyal supporter they saw no reason not to tell me the way the committee were to cast their vote. Now unless they have lied to me or the club representative decided to vote against the club decision we voted for the status quo - which I find disgusting and against my view due to previous experience of the sitting tenant. Possibly the secret vote was to stop repercussions against clubs.

So what I am saying is you dont have to be a club committee man to know how your club voted. Is there anyone out there believes the vote produced the correct outcome

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Smudger said:

So just cos i ask a simple question as to how he knows for a fact on a secret vote that makes me know best aye right what it proves to me is thst you are a typical Talbot hater

I like the Talbot bench mark...what I I, m not to keen on is every thread you boys all think your right

I like the Talbot bench mark...what I I, m not to keen on is every thread you boys all think your right

Thats rich quite comical infact wast me that was stating facts when the real facts are nobody really knows for sure or butting into convos thats not even his discussion so to say we think were right all the time is laughable

A majority of the club reps at the AGM, around 30 of them, voted for the incumbent so

(a) it's utterly insane to be blaming one or two specific clubs for voting him back in

(b) it's criminal to blame individual supporters for the way their club rep may have voted and even moreso to assert that such supporters are not entitled to express a contrary opinion

(c) those moaners should consider that clubs may have voted for the incumbent not because they supported him but because they judged that the other candidate was not who they wanted either.

Those who still want a different person as West Region GS should be addressing their efforts to identifying a person willing to stand who CAN attract the support of a majority of the clubs!

2 hours ago, Smudger said:

Thats rich quite comical infact wast me that was stating facts when the real facts are nobody really knows for sure or butting into convos thats not even his discussion so to say we think were right all the time is laughable

Exactly my point roaster

4 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Get a grip of yourself we all know exactly what he's saying....your just going out you way to be a typical Talbot fan on here with the I know best routine.

A greeny from Hertha....he likes your intelligent wit and Talbot hating. Does he like Thatcher like yourself Kenny and find it amusing that thousands of Scottish miners were flung on the scrapheap. If he does then you have a special kind of friendship.

A majority of the club reps at the AGM, around 30 of them, voted for the incumbent so
(a) it's utterly insane to be blaming one or two specific clubs for voting him back in
(b) it's criminal to blame individual supporters for the way their club rep may have voted and even moreso to assert that such supporters are not entitled to express a contrary opinion
© those moaners should consider that clubs may have voted for the incumbent not because they supported him but because they judged that the other candidate was not who they wanted either.
Those who still want a different person as West Region GS should be addressing their efforts to identifying a person willing to stand who CAN attract the support of a majority of the clubs!

I was the one who made the comment that teams who voted Mr fag paper man back in shudnt moan I never mentioned any team or teams Kenny is a guy I don't know but was enthusiastic and I was happy with most of his comments this thread just went onto another tangent altogether maybe I missed it but I never seen fotj mention Talbot I honestly believe that fpm never got many votes in Ayrshire but again that us my OPINION

© those moaners should consider that clubs may have voted for the incumbent not because they supported him but because they judged that the other candidate was not who they wanted either.

You cannae please people all the time,however in saying that think Mr Robertson has been there a wee bit to long now maybe a wee change is what's needed,maybe someone younger with fresh ideas

12 hours ago, archieb said:

...(c) those moaners should consider that clubs may have voted for the incumbent not because they supported him but because they judged that the other candidate was not who they wanted either.

Nail on head.

The fixtures for the rest of 2017 should be published by tomorrow, going by the motion which was passed at the AGM.

It'll be good to be able to plan that far in advance, and see what games are likely to be rained or frozen off from mid November onwards. :P

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The fixtures for the rest of 2017 should be published by tomorrow, going by the motion which was passed at the AGM.

It'll be good to be able to plan that far in advance, and see what games are likely to be rained or frozen off from mid November onwards. :P

Only one thing wrong with your comment, it should have read "from mid August onwards"

I'm not really getting this witch hunt which is going on about who voted for who.

Presumably,  everyone who was there, including the candidates, were happy with the process of the vote and that everything was done correctly. therefore there can be no comeback. I understand fans' frustration with the fixtures but it's probably more of a headache for the clubs and their committees. If they voted for him, then that's fine. Or maybe I'm oversimplifying it.

Archived