Sky Bet Horses Offer

Haven’t been on in a while not bet much since Christmas and what I have bet has been bang average. Back into it today though and a tough tough race don’t even know where to begin. Craigneiche tempted me as the dark horse of the race. Carrying hee haw weight and with a win in its national hunt debut followed by a first and the third in its two races it may be decent. Jumps up massively to a grade three though and has been off the track a while so enough to make me side with top weight Janika. Usually consistent enough in chases to make me think a place finish is a real possibility and although maybe too vulnerable for win purposes the Henderson and Jacob combo is a partnership that’s won me plenty races and it comes from the same owners that gave me L’ami Serge so why not. 

Arrivederci for me. JJ fancies his chances today. Pulled a couple of decent chances from Musselburgh yesterday. 

I K Brunel has come in a fair bit but value at double figures.

Edited by jagfox BLM

Sky Bet has second place money back in the 2.05 at Doncaster.

https://m.attheraces.com/racecard/Doncaster/30-January-2021/1405

Not a great betting affair with three at the top of the market likely to provide the winner. Irish Roe best of the outsiders but only getting 2 places for e/w. Probably a no bet.

Paddy Power free bet for 2nd, 3rd and 4th at Donny in the 2.40.

https://m.attheraces.com/racecard/Doncaster/30-January-2021/1440

Much better scope for a winner and some place money if going e/w.

Got an e/w nibble on Portstorm currently between 33s and 40s...

Good luck 🤞🐎🐎🤞

Edited by jagfox BLM

Sorry for the long post folks feel free to skip my garbage.

It’s been an up and down last few weeks with this offer for me but I’ve had the most success recently I’ve had pretty much since I first started doing this. Doubt I will ever get back to the form I showed way back then and that’s why I tended to post less in all honesty. 

I was ashamed at my selections more than anything especially during the flat seasons when I had about a 1 winner a month strike rate. Even then it was mainly Godolphin carrying me it wasn’t through any great research.

Last week I mentioned the winner in my review at 14/1. So rather than beat myself up I’m back to see if I can find some form.

so with my pity party over it’s on to today’s race. All the pundits I’ve read see this being a straightforward Dolos carve up job and who can argue (well me in the minute). With form figures of two wins and a second in this race and only carrying 1 pound more than for its win last year it’s very easy to think a win is on the cards.

I’ve spent a lot of time on this thread talking up the green of Nicky Henderson and his teaming up with Daryl Jacob. I have actually won with Caribbean Boy and I was very very close to taking him today. I fancied it at 3/1 last night but now being gambled into favourite I wanted to dig a little deeper into the race. Jacob produced my best result in 2021 when winning on The Cob at 25/1 last week so it was going to take something big to deter me. Caribbean Boy is down in trip from its last run which is needed but has it went too far? Over the minimum distance today it’s about 4 furlongs less than when it picked up it’s 2 wins in Britain. One was a grade 2 which is to certainly be respected but I’m not sure what to expect at the distance. I have no idea about French jumps racing so I’m taking nothing to do with its runs over there. Does it have the speed for the minimum trip? Will it be found wanting at the finish. Maybe not but going off as favourite is enough to stop me backing it.

So that left me with an easy decision in the end. I’m taking a huge punt on the outsider Destrier. I’ve backed the Skelton’s a few times recently and the form they are on this season is magnificent. Dan and Harry are running at about a 40% strike rate in recent weeks and they have produced some cracking displays. Cabbot Cliffs overcame 2 fancies for the Triumph Hurdle (one being Henderson and Jacob) and Roksana couldn’t have looked any better winner her mares grade 2. Now I’m not suggesting Destrier is anywhere near that quality but this horse was less than a length behind Dolos when the weight difference was 6 pounds. Destrier has run poorly in its 3 runs since and that’s the obvious reason it’s an outsider.  The weight difference today though is over a stone and I can’t ignore that. So I’m hoping the brothers keep the good form going and with some weight off it’s back I’ve everything crossed Destrier gets back to form and shows us what it’s capable of at a nice 9/1. 

1. Destrier, 2. Caribbean Boy, 3. Dolos 

Good luck to everyone 

So after all my talk yesterday I’m back today with renewed optimism that I have a winner coming. 

First to jump out at me was Brian Hughes and Fiveandtwenty who is 2-2 over hurdles. Hughes rides plenty winners north of the border and shouldn’t be far away. Wise Glory has a half decent flat pedigree and Paul Nicholls should always be respected. Historic Heart finished 2nd to Grade 1 winning Adagio and I recon that’s your winner of today’s race. The most experienced horse in the field and the best form on offer at 7/2 I think that’s the bet. 

BUT me being me I’ve a side double on that so I’ve stumped up my cash on Carlos Felix. Rated higher on the flat than the previous mentioned horses this horse is now with the Skelton’s. Only one of two horses for the Skelton duo today the other being the favourite for the featured even. I’m hoping we see something good today after Destrier yesterday. 13/2 your money will do me. 

• 2 weeks later...

2.05 at Haydock - The Rendlesham is your many back offer with Sky Bet.

A few too many in with a shout. Gone for Main Fact despite bombing after winning about 7 in a row.

Good luck lads 🤞🐎🤞

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

2.05 at Haydock - The Rendlesham is your many back offer with Sky Bet.

A few too many in with a shout. Gone for Main Fact despite bombing after winning about 7 in a row.

Good luck lads 🤞🐎🤞

I like on the blind side.