Sky Bet Horses Offer

Its that time again for me to spout a lot of shite :lol:

The 1:50 at Goodwood is another class 2 handicap over 1m2f.  

Straight away I have to mention Zaman the Appleby/Buick combination for the Godolphin yard. As with a lot of their horses it was a talented juvenile and kept fresh over the winter running in Meydan. Its carrying top weight in a talented field but remains a danger. Ventura Knight has been running fantastically this year but appears out of it carrying just a pound less than Zaman with the distance likely to stretch it. William Haggas is having a fine season and he runs Completion with the talented James Doyle in the saddle. It was running well until a below par performance at Ascot but could well bounce back. The fav is ridden by champion jockey De Sousa and has to enter calculations but preference is for ROCK EAGLE. Placed 1,2,1 in its three starts showing bags of potential. Its opening mark doesn’t seem too unforgiving and I think there is far more to come from this talented horse. Bathsheba Bay finished just behind the winner of Tuesdays opener in its last race and again can go close. 

1st. Rock Eagle

2nd. Zaman

3rd. Bathsheba Bay

Early plane to catch to see some 3rd Division Norwegian football on Saturday so no time to mull over Diamond's excellent overview too much. Gone a bit greedy for Ventura Knight despite his warnings. Got my loser stakes back today as proper cash again from the Icelandic market.

image.thumb.png.fd0c59d48c53659463b82444fb1ad61d.png

24 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Two seconds for me Marie's Diamond and Maid Up. On nose so nothing back :green

Thought Maries Diamond would be a certainty today mate unlucky. Im that bad today im betting at Galway. Irish racing is something else though. Ridiculous trying to get a winner

Edited by diamond_for_life

19 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Thought Maries Diamond would be a certainty today mate unlucky. Im that bad today im betting at Galway. Irish racing is something else though. Ridiculous trying to get a winner

I've actually had one the last two days. I'm struggling today though.

A group 3 race now over 1m3f with some real quality in the field. 

The 3 who appear out of it on paper at least are Blakeney Point, Top Tug and Scotland. The later appears the strongest of those 3 based on its previous 3rd in a group 3. We then have Eminent who looked like the real deal in 2016 and the first half of 2017. Since then it has been found to have a heart defect, attempted to bight Decorated Knight, finished dead last going off odds on favourite and has just too many issues for my liking. It may find its form of old but it’s not a horse i could back. My pick is RED VERDON who has been in fantastic form for 2 years with Class 1 wins to  its name and it has finished 2nd in its last 3 races. That form may worry a few but considering it chased home Defoe and Crystal Ocean in two of them (both of whom were unsurprisingly odds on favourites) the form shouldn’t be of any concern. Second Step finished 2nd in this race last year and has finished 1,2,2,1 in its last four and is respected. The favourite is the highest rated in the race Mirage Dancer who has C&D form and it has also ran creditably in Group 2 races. 

1st. Red Verdon

2nd. Mirage Dancer

3rd. Second Step

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Tough one to call with not much value to be had. I may avoid. Going for Poet’s Society in the 3.00 e/w despite Dettori being on board!

Went big, for me, on this, £25 e/w 5 places 1/4 odds at 20/1. Returned £150. Great ride by Frankie but just not enough to hold off the winner.