Sky Bet Horses Offer

5 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

Absolutely shite, long gone are the days of exciting Cheltenham offers

Sign of the times sadly. Tote are doing £1m placepot each day, granted it’s quite a bit more difficult but there is the potential for excellent returns for little outlay. They do boosted pots each Saturday which is better than most of the bookies offers these day, unless you’re a new joiner. Bet365 taking away the ITV 4/1 offer last month as well was annoying. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

Haven’t been on here for a while again but haven’t been betting much as my focus heading into January is always on Cheltenham. I will stick a write up about that somewhere separate but basically once we are into the new year I use free bets I get for antepost festival bets and add a few selections each week or top up what I’m already on. 

I don’t know what bookies you guys use but I had a “fallout” with bet 365 a while back about their offers so binned them. I love sky bet for their offers but the lack of best price races at times left me frustrated so I discovered Virgin Bet a while back too. 

So for the festival I have £20 a race with Sky Bet but they are my main bookies. Virgin are giving me £10 for the first race every day too. I don’t grumble that at all and already have most of my selections in at Antepost prices as I think they will be shorter on the day. 

Monviel and Zhiguli as each way singles for me at Sandown today. I’m hoping both will love the ground as they seem to do, I’m also hoping there are very few non-runners, despite the ground, for the extra places. Zhiguli back down to a similar mark to when he won at Lingfield last year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Flat season starts again 13:30 - Brocklesbury Stakes at Doncaster. Money Back for 2-5th places. 

Paddy Power have this race too.

Betfair Exchange doing a money back on all losers - 14:05 at Kempton.

Brocklesbury - Tees Douge £5 each way (Sky Bet) and £10 win (Paddy Power).

Kempton - Tyrrhenian Sea - £10 win.

Good luck 👍 

Another festival and another punt on Ahoy Senor for me. The only doubt I have for him is the jockey change as Derek Fox is out, doing all he can to remain on board for Corach Rambler in the National. I don’t think Ahoy Senor goes off at the 6/1 he is currently.

National being an absolute lottery I am hoping Captain Cattistock sneaks in. Have backed him NRNB 6 places 100/1. Will pick a few extra and throw together some sort of trifecta. 

Sky Bet and Paddy Power both have offers on the second race, at Aintree, today, as do Bet Fair Exchange.

I've gone for Chaos Control. Trainer has won this before and has decent recent form for a small yard. 

Good luck 🤞

Edited by jagfox

Been laying fairly low since Cheltenham and the National meeting doesn’t really do it for me no idea why. I just feel other than the big one it’s too soon since Cheltenham as last week at fairyhouse seemed to confirm. 

The cards have been decimated since Monday which doesn’t help my enthusiasm. Jonbon staying at 2 mile is a bottle job by Henderson don’t care what anyone says. Saturdays race is a disgrace and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Banbridge pulled out today and go Saturday too despite needing the longer trip. Shame to see Bravemansgame miss out that one is a gutter and despite how good it is I have no interest in Constitution Hills race either. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Shishkin out either and wouldn’t be touching it with anyone’s money. 

Ahoy Senor if you got 6s that is a brilliant price. Despite what most others say I don’t mind Hughes as a jockey. Never goes to the big meetings I know but he grafts hard and I respect what he does. I think he will get a good spin today. 

For me I bet the offer race and am on Nusret, Latenightpass my selection in the foxhunters and The Last Day my only other selection. 

Sadly 6s was pre-Bravemansgame being pulled out, big rule 4 applied which meant no each way value in it. Ran great again today as well but Shishkin was mightily impressive.

I was impressed with Sonigino earlier in the season, will look to back him tomorrow with 16/1 for 7 places on skybet. Likely be on Altobelli for the skybet offer in the 2:55. 

Gutted that Captain Cattistock didn’t make the cut for the National, thought he stood a great chance if he got there. 

Got less of an interest today than I did for yesterday but will take a punt on the offer races and one pre fancy. 

1:45 Bronn

2:20 Buddy One & Martello Sky 

2:55 No Looking Back 

Will get a good at tomorrow and do a proper review. Good luck to everyone today. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Forgot to watch this, just for the 7 places really..:)

image.png.ec11b3df2c280abd644f51788eb92cff.png

Cracking bet. I saw him win at Kelso earlier in the year and backed him that day but I thought today might have been a stretch too far for him. Strolled home to be fair. Sonigino got me decent enough returns with the place, too far off the leaders to be able to challenge. Not a bad day all in. One off a place pot return however!

Resisting all the temptation to be loyal to You Wear It Well again, especially with soft in the ground description. Up against Hermes Allen the only horse to finish ahead of her this season. By the morning I'll likely convince myself the mares allowance makes all the difference this time around and she's the clear winner. 

Can't split Marie's Rock & Flooring Porter for the Hurdle, will be on both and rev forecast. I think Handsworth is well in for the Handicap chase at 4.15, not been in great form of late but weight is back down to same as when he ran to 2nd at Aintree late last year. I give him a chance, although not proven at the distance.

For the National, scattergun approach. I'm on Delta Work, Mr Incredible and Capodanno. Out of those I think Capodanno stands the best chance (hopefully). I won it with Noble Yeats last year, unlikely to happen again IMO.  

Back to talk pish about the horses once again. Spent a good chunk of time looking at the card last night. So whilst my selections could be duds there is good reasoning for them. 

Race one is a disgrace I am sure I mentioned it the other day. Jonbon shouldn’t be here in this. I have no strong interest in any of the others but with virgin offering money back on all losers I have plumped on the 50/1 outsider Fusain. Won its last two albeit at low levels in small fields but very impressively pumped Stag Horn last time out by 35 lengths so thats my selection. 

Don’t want to mention loads in the big handicaps so kept it simple. I am all over Mexico in the 3 mile handicap as it couldn’t have been any more impressive when stepped up to this trip last time out. Also have a play on Moon Hunter at a bigger price. 

The 3:00 was a tough one for me as I was so impressed with You Wear It Well at Cheltenham and watching how Luccia did yesterday gives me confidence this horse could be the winner. Watching how flat the two Zoe’s and Halka Du Tabert ran last week at Fairyhouse though is a cause for concern and makes me wonder could this race be too soon. Irish Point won a grade 3 at Naas when last seen and would have possibly been my pick had No Looking Back or Lily Du Burlais ran better than they did. I’m not willing to forgive Hermes Allen blowing out at Cheltenham yet and I don’t believe Dark Raven’s form is enough to have it as fav. Tough one for me with a tentative vote on the first mentioned horse. 

I was on Sire Du Berlais at 80/1 at Cheltenham and it won the Liverpool Hurdle here last year. I just think at 11 this race does come too soon. Champ comes in Fresh and could play a huge role. Dashel Drasher ran a stormer last month too and was rightfully reinstated as 2nd. Home By The Lee stole some lengths at the start at Cheltenham but a huge mistake at flight 6 cost it any chance it had. Marie’s Rock flopped at Cheltenham with connections likely pissed off they opted for the mares hurdle. That leaves me with Flooring Porter. Only 4th at Cheltenham but a less than ideal prep and was lucky to be there at all. Hopefully strips much fitter here and gets my vote. 

Big handicap next with a few possibilities but I have no huge opinion on this race so simply on Kinondo Kwetu. Back in handicap company, we’re it had won its last 5 before stepping up. Had a recent wind op and I expect I good run. 

In the flat race I have a bit Blizzard Of Oz who I was hoping to see at Cheltenham after backing it around Christmas time. Bit of redemption would be welcomed but my main fancy is Pour Les Filles. 2-2 for Gordon Elliot winning both impressively and has had a nice break to freshen up. 

That leaves the National Itself. To say my record on the National is poor would be an understatement. Every year I pick my main bet, a dark horse and an outsider. Only once my main pick has came home in front in 10 years and that was One for Arthur. Had the second last year which gave me the boak. This year my dark horse isn’t really a dark horse it’s Corach Rambler. Can’t leave it out after Cheltenham and was one of my best bets that week. Was always going to be in my 3 selections. Now out to 10s I hope the drift continues. The money coming for Ain’t That a Shame isn’t worrying me I’m happy to see others drifting. If it drifted to a better price I might have been tempted with GDM just because it’s a plodding stayer but no value at 12s for me. My main punt this year is on Le Milos. Looked impressive since joining the Skelton yard and I was happy enough with its prep run at Kelso. Hopefully now fully tuned to go and gives me a rare success. At a price I usually go with once of my old favourites such as a Cloudy Glen but this year it’s both Carefully Selected with the young and talented Michael O’Sullivan on board and The Break Away who ran a cracker at the Welsh National and this was always going to be the target. Poor showing at Cheltenham but that was just a tune up for this. Lastly a special mention Ryan Mania on Hill Sixteen 100/1 and one I really fancied for the Scottish National last year who got badly hampered 4 out. 

Good luck today folks I will be at Falkirk so won’t catch the racing till I get home so will hopefully be seeing a few winners from you all tonight.