Sky Bet Horses Offer

Merry Christmas and a happy boxing day guys. A wealth of a minefield of racing today, depending how you look at it. 

Sky Bet and Paddy Power doing the same race today from Kempton. 

Danny Kirwan looks the pick for me but might be a watching brief. 

Only had a nibble on Frodon In the feature race.

Good luck but more importantly have a good day.

Merry Christmas folks its been about 5 days since my last bet so I’m going to get into a few today. Far too much racing on to get delving rite in so I’m going to stick to a few big races and the ITV races. 

My big bet is Ahoy Senior who has won for me twice now at 50/1 and 6/1 but today it is around 6/5 up against the odds on Bravemans Game. So 2 doubles today of Ahoy Senior and Epatante and Ahoy Senior and Clan Des Obeaux. 

As for the offer today I am on two outsiders. Sebastopol 7 seconds in a row and the race in the bag when falling at the last in its last race. A tougher race today but it’s been dropped a pound from that fall so why not. Iconic Muddle won 2 and 2 places in its last 5. Won well last time out and if it is fit on its return it could run a decent race. 

Good luck to all and I hope yous have a great day 

Yesterday started so well and I’m always honest about how I get on. Ahoy Senor tried its best and its second place did not bother me. At around 2:00 yesterday I was doing well. 

Something I very rarely do is trebles on horses and will explain why but yesterday I took one that I won’t get over for a bit. Either Chantry House or Clan Des Obeaux winning would have paid a bit back on a double with Epatante but I backed a treble of Hasankey (4/1), Good Boy Bobby (5/1) and Asterion Forlonge (6/1). That meant I effectively had £300 going onto Asterion Forlonge. Most I have ever punted on a horse is £100 so looking at it that way makes me sick that’s why I hate trebles your effectively staking a fortune by the third race. To watch it go down like that at the last just about finished me off. The more I watch it today I don’t think it was catching Tornado Flyer and I knew the risk with Forlonge’s jumping but that was tough to swallow. 

Stupidly ended up going chasing for a couple of races too and ended up throwing all my winnings from earlier back to the bookies. It’s another lesson learned hopefully but very annoyed at myself as I am not one for chasing money. Won’t be doing trebles again lol. 

So with that said only 3 races I’m betting today is the 2 offer races and the national. 

The 2 favs are well tipped by the bookies so wouldn’t try talk anyone out of them I’m just looking for my usual value. 

1:05 - The fav has actually been napped in 3 places I have looked but I have my eye on either Zambezi Fix or Pink Legend with me leaning towards the later. 

1:40 - Another strong fav but a hell of a lot of guesswork needed in this race with the two to impress me being Skycutter and Porticello. You guys won in a cracker of a race with Knight Salute a few weeks back well Porticello was a half length behind in second in that 3 way shoot out so I am taking it to go one better. 

Welsh National - I am a huge fan of Jessica Harrington on the flat so have her horse at a price and for my selection again was between two with Deise Aba and Mighty Thunder. 

34 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

So with that said only 3 races I’m betting today is the 2 offer races and the national. 

The 2 favs are well tipped by the bookies so wouldn’t try talk anyone out of them I’m just looking for my usual value. 

1:05 - The fav has actually been napped in 3 places I have looked but I have my eye on either Zambezi Fix or Pink Legend with me leaning towards the later. 

1:40 - Another strong fav but a hell of a lot of guesswork needed in this race with the two to impress me being Skycutter and Porticello. You guys won in a cracker of a race with Knight Salute a few weeks back well Porticello was a half length behind in second in that 3 way shoot out so I am taking it to go one better. 

Welsh National - I am a huge fan of Jessica Harrington on the flat so have her horse at a price and for my selection again was between two with Deise Aba and Mighty Thunder. 

Hope I haven't jinxed you but have semi independently come to similar picks, Pink Legend, Porticello and Deise Aba. Gone for an ew trixie as well just to put the cherry on top! :P

Edited by welshbairn

Sorry lads,  just back from Christmas visitation and picking up my first pair of glasses (reading) so got a Racing Post.

Getting about then looked at offers 1.40 on Paddy Power I'll check the form...look at Sky Bet. Shite..was off in 3 minutes.

Sure I saw Welshbairn pick this previously. Quick tenner as he slipped from 14/1 to 12/1...

1205181149_Screenshot_20211227-131406_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.d3956894e47bb0638ae523f8c60140c8.jpg1733314547_Screenshot_20211227-131319_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.eab1b85cbbd130d69cf11326419abc11.jpg

2 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Sorry lads,  just back from Christmas visitation and picking up my first pair of glasses (reading) so got a Racing Post.

Getting about then looked at offers 1.40 on Paddy Power I'll check the form...look at Sky Bet. Shite..was off in 3 minutes.

Sure I saw Welshbairn pick this previously. Quick tenner as he slipped from 14/1 to 12/1...

1205181149_Screenshot_20211227-131406_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.d3956894e47bb0638ae523f8c60140c8.jpg1733314547_Screenshot_20211227-131319_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.eab1b85cbbd130d69cf11326419abc11.jpg

Excellent mate glad to see one of us get a return 

Porticello and Sky Cutter look the picks on form along with Forever Blessed at top of the market.

Hard to pick one out. Forever Blessed would probably be my slight pick of the three so gonna take a plunge and go a fiver on Forever William haha

Edited by jagfox OG