Sky Bet Horses Offer

So I’m going to ignore the fact the Australis looked to be going backwards yesterday and focus solely on the fact Hollie Doyle squashed it against the rails ending all hopes of victory yesterday. 

Today’s race at Musselburgh and the main 2 I see being touted is Stone Soldier and Marshal Dan. Had the weather not dried the ground out over the last few days I would have given Hollie a chance to make it up to me on Molls Memory but with the weather the way it is I’m going to plump for Marshal Dan who scored off a 4 pound lower mark over course and distance back in October. 

Marshal Dan ran well when beaten a neck  on Saturday. The jockey losing his whip didn’t help but it was a good effort never the less. 

Today’s offer is pish if I’m honest with money back for second only and the favourite likely going off around 1/2.

As the prices stand though its the 8/13 unbeaten favourite Teahuppo going up against the 80/1 winner of the Fred West Jeff Kidder. The next in the betting is Busselton who finished 55 lengths behind Jeff Kidder but at 6/1 that day something appeared to go wrong during its Fred Winter run. There was a 10 pound difference between the 2 that day and now off the same weight Busselton is expected to reverse that form by many. The other four runners are 12/1 or greater. 

One of us should be able to ride the favourite to victory according to most pundits but I’m hoping the Fred Winter wasn’t a one off and fingers crossed Jeff Kidder can pull off another upset. 

Don’t adjust your eyes folk surprisingly I did manage to find a winner on Monday and I’m hoping that sets me up for the few days ahead. 

If today’s offer was first 3 I’d have taken a punt on Fiveandtwenty. Unbeaten in 3 and champion jockey Hughes on board it  certainly has potential I just don’t think it has the class of the first 2 in the market. The favourite Monmiral has won 4 out of 4 and Adagio (second favourite) has 3 wins and 2 seconds since joining David Pipe. 

The only comparison for the first two in the market is they both beat the much fancied Nassalam about a month apart. Monmiral’s victory seemed the more impressive of the two and it didn’t run at Cheltenham so it should be fresh but I am siding with Adagio. It ran a great race at Cheltenham when behind Quiloxios and in that race it absolutely trounced the former unbeaten Tritonic whilst also finishing ahead of the much fancied Irish raider Zanahiyr.

So I’m hoping the small break has been enough and this doesn’t come too soon for Adagio. 

I was right that Fiveandtwenty would be 3rd and best of the rest so glad I didn’t back it. Adagio looked to be all over the winner before deciding to crash through the last fence rather than jump it but it was a poor jumping performance all round from Adagio and without the tinted glasses on I don’t know if it would have got past Monmiral anyway. 

Todays race seems a wide open affair with the potential of Dusart being the main question. Going on potential and hype it could absolutely blitz the field and justify favouritism. Having only raced once though I’m not prepared to back it at 2/1. 

I could write loads about half the field here but I’m going to focus on 2 horses. Third Time Lucki for the ever impressive Skelton’s has a big chance on the ratings. Doing too much at Cheltenham I think it should get much closer today and has the beating of Belfast Banter the County Hurdle winner. 

For me though I’m going back to the Fred Winter for inspiration. I backed Jeff Kidder on Monday and it was a fantastic wining performance. After winning the Fred Winter at 80/1 it appears to be no fluke. 4 lengths back in 4th that day was French Raider Houx Grix a horse I really fancied on the day.  It looked an awkward ride from start to finish for Cobden who did well to finish where he did although some seem to criticise him for that ride. That was only the second start in Britain for the horse though and I’m hoping if it settles better it will go well over the easier 2 miles today and at 9/1 it gets my vote. 

Good luck to anyone betting today. 

37 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

I had a nice wee winner yesterday at 50/1 which sets me up hopefully for today. Actually won at 66/1 but sky bet not paying out best price as usual pissed me off a bit but onto today with renewed hope. Will write up my selection around 12. Good luck today folks. 

EAA8E49B-856F-4C81-8ABB-BDEADFDCC4B2.jpeg

Cracking lift!

Nice pick mate. Sky Bet stopped BOG for races where they over extra places I think.

What are your fancies today? 

I've got a fiver on Cloth Cap at 13/2. BF special price.

Tenner on Burrows Saint.

12.50 in Free Bets on Tea Clipper in the opener.

Good luck lads 🤞🐴🐴🐴

I used bet 365’s offer on the National with the half your stake back on E/W bets. For the national I have plumped for 3. 

Burrows Saint, Kimberlite Candy and Farclas. Think the ground will be too fast for Kimberlite but it was my selection weeks ago so can’t change it now. 

Aye mate your rite the paying the extra place means not best price. Which today is a disgrace on the Grand National. It’s good they pay the extra places but for that race to be not best price is a shocker. 

I actually think Cloth Cap is your winner. After watching what it did at Kelso and being a horse who should be near the front keeping out of trouble I think it’s the strongest favourite I’ve seen and I would have guessed about 4/1 opening price so good luck Jagfox 13/2 is a great price. 

I’m just doing my other selections now

Edited by diamond_for_life

Today’s offer with the 2:25 see’s me siding with My Drogo and I can’t really see past it. Was very impressed when I saw it at Kelso last month (same meeting Cloth Cap bolted up). So I have doubled those two up on a separate bet as they are both favourites and My Drogo is very short. 

That leaves me looking to find a challenger and I only focused on the next 3 in the market. Ballyadam is well backed because it finished 2nd behind Appreciate in its last 2 runs but I personally don’t value that form. It was way back in 4th at Christmas miles away, it finished a lot closer when second in February but I think Appreciate it was very underwhelming that day. Then at Cheltenham it was second which looks good form but it was 24 length away had Blue Lord not fallen at the last it wouldn’t even have landed a blow on the second. So a good horse it may be but at 5/2 it ain’t getting my money. 

Minella Drama is getting the nod today with 4 seconds and 3 wins in its 7 races and at 10/1 I think it could provide a run for your money with champion Brian Hughes and Donald McCain always an effective partnership. I don’t know what to make of Dreal Deal who looks like a completely different horse winning it’s last 6. It appeared to be an absolute numpty for long enough then it suddenly looked the real deal out of no where recently winning a grade 2. I’m always sceptical of Irish horses and for me it’s form all seems to be around soft and heavy going so I wouldn’t tell anyone not to back it I just don’t know what to make of it. 

Only 2 other bets today with a small nibble on Champagne Platinum in the first and a massive nibble on Paisley Park who I just can’t give up on. At 4/1 I hope it provides another memorable day for Andrew Gemmell who I absolutely adore. 

Good luck today again folks

Sometimes I do know what I’m talking about. My Drogo the winner as predicted and I told you Minella Drama would give you a run for your money. Was also right about Ballyadam. 

Hoping that means I’m winning the National 😂 

Edited by diamond_for_life

• 2 weeks later...

Not done anything last week or so. Wasn't going to bother today until just before the off..

Just now, jagfox BLM said:

Stuck on the Sky Bet offer just before the off. Just fancied Nicholls and Bryony after seeing Frodon win a battle in the previous race.

image.png.d853eb6d687f1aed9178721929b29054.png

• 1 month later...

Not been on for a while. Did the PP version yesterday, gave up to four places rather than three on Sky Bet.

Fiver thrown at rank outsider worked out okay hahaha

image.png.f3a0c90af88a2348ac0071edafcf8521.png

• 2 months later...