Sky Bet Horses Offer

Trying to figure out why Regal Flow is the rank outsider. Pundits are saying it's 6lbs out of the handicap, what does that mean? Seems to be carrying less than usual, 10-0, last race was 10-11, came 3rd on soft in a class 2. Does it just mean that the handicappers think it's rubbish?

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trying to figure out why Regal Flow is the rank outsider. Pundits are saying it's 6lbs out of the handicap, what does that mean? Seems to be carrying less than usual, 10-0, last race was 10-11, came 3rd on soft in a class 2. 

Means it’s carrying 6 pounds more than what it’s rating says it should be due to the minimum a horse can carry in the race. Its a strange one to understand at times though as your rite aye it was carrying more off the same mark in its last race to meet that races conditions. If it’s out of the handicap it’s supposed to mean it’s no chance but seen plenty horses run fine from that position. You need to factor in stuff like jockey allowances too 😂  easy eh 

Top weights automatically carrying 11st 12pounds. Bottom weight carrying 10 stone dead. Every other horse fits in between going by its official rating. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

2 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Means it’s carrying 6 pounds more than what it’s rating says it should be due to the minimum a horse can carry in the race. Its a strange one though as your rite aye it was carrying more off the same mark in its last race to meet that races conditions. 

Top weights automatically carrying 11st 12pounds. Bottom weight carrying 10 stone dead. Every other horse fits in between going by its official rating. 

Was thinking The jockey might be a midget but his lowest weight has been 9'10". f**k it, gone for it anyway at 100/1 ew. :1eye

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Was thinking The jockey might be a midget but his lowest weight has been 9'10". f**k it, gone for it anyway at 100/1 ew. :1eye

Haha honest opinion of today’s race is it’s a warm up for the National so expect a few fallers and a hard slog.  More than 3 miles over the aintree fences in the mud. I think it’s anyone’s race tbh and  I can’t apply my usual logic and pick out anything confidently. 

Still on the recover trail One For Arthur seems to get back to winning ways but since it’s won over these fences and in a National it’s my pick. 

Definitly Red for me. A few with a chance but as said hard to tell which ones lol

Regal Flow is a bit of a stayer as is One For Arthur. They May struggle to get their nose in front if some of the others find themselves in contention at the last.

Wee e/w sacer on Minellacelebration.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Cheers for the heads up 🤷‍♂️

Well in mate 😉

🙈 sorry mate thought I was doing you a favour. It was the well fancied tip in the racing post so at 7/1 it was an easy decision. Couldn’t believe it got hammered in to 5/2 though as the horse that withdrew actually wasn’t that well fancied. 18 length winner won’t get an easier one all week 

1.50 at Ascot for the Sky Bet money back offer.

Plenty of options but it'll be heavy going so that has to come into calculations.

First Flow has recently won over those conditions.

I've gone for recent winner on this thread Delire D'Estruval. Won gamely last time out.

A wee side bet on top weight  Kobrouk too.

Good luck lads!

35 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

1.50 at Ascot for the Sky Bet money back offer.

Plenty of options but it'll be heavy going so that has to come into calculations.

First Flow has recently won over those conditions.

I've gone for recent winner on this thread Delire D'Estruval. Won gamely last time out.

A wee side bet on top weight  Kobrouk too.

Good luck lads!

Sorry 🙈. I did put it on last night to be fair

B1866846-9633-4B91-9B5E-992EB2CFD217.jpeg