Sky Bet Horses Offer

37 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

I’m at Benburb juniors today hosting a football tournament but I’m also a betting junkie so who we on Jagfox

Archi's Affaire. Should like the going and the Dods father and daughter team has won this before. 2016 I think?

I've gone with Billy No Mate's, and Sporting Life seem to have now changed their selection (was Arctic Fox earlier) to follow me. Guaranteed to finish last now. 

3 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

I've gone with Billy No Mate's, and Sporting Life seem to have now changed their selection (was Arctic Fox earlier) to follow me. Guaranteed to finish last now. 

I should've went with their original choice 🙄

I haven't been contributing much lately with it being a busy time for me but i have a quiet day today and its the first day of Royal Ascot. More often than not during meetings like this form, prices and favourites all go out the window but having said that lets try decipher The Queen Anne Stakes. Right off the bat we have the good old Godolphin blue with Charley Appleby sending out Barney Roy. With Buick still sidelined we have a more than capable jockey on board with James Doyle. Doyle and Charlie teamed up well over at Chantilly during the weekend to win two group races. You can never discount Godolphin and they have two other runners at bigger prices. One of these is Mythical Magic who was a group 2 winner in Meydan but ran an absolute shocker in Last months Lockinge Stakes.  The favourite at the time of writing this is Mustashry who rather cantered the Lockinge Stakes last month. On that day Laurens was almost 3 lengths back in second but that was her first run since October. She won 4 group 1 races last year and I expect her to get a lot closer to Mustashry today. Irish connections have last months Lockinge fifth in Le Brivido who was a winner here in 2017 for Andre Fabre. Dettori rides Hazapour who is 2-2 at this trip and could be interesting steeping up to group 1 company at Ascot. Accidental Agent won this last year at 33/1 and finished a credible third at the Lockinge last month also at 33/1. Other horses with some group form are Sharja Bridge, Beat the Bank and Lord Glitters.

I think LAURENS who will be stripping fitter after her return will narrowly take the prize today with a battling performance and will just get the victory over Mustashry who will finished second. Unfortunately my beloved Godolphin will only take minor honours in the first race with Barney Roy finishing third.

1st. Laurens

2nd Mustashry

3rd Barney Roy

Good luck all and a special mention to Phoenix of Spain who at 18/1 did the business in some style after I tipped it for the irish Guinneas. Only 3/1 when I bet it this morning but I am hoping again it has the beating of Too Darn Hot 

Had a bit of a break for a couple of weeks at the horses but will play again since it's Royal Ascot

Been debating what to take in the Queen Anne for a bit and can see the arguments for plenty.  Not going to be too fancy with it in the end and just going with Mustashry in the hope it's a typical Stoute older horse.  The Lockinge performance was very decent with several of these in behind.

Hoping Battaash can do the business in the Kings Stand as well.

Laurens for me also.

I watched an interview with Karl Burke last night and he was very bullish about their chances today and as Diamond for life mentioned above, he fully expects the 2.5 lengths to be easily made up on Mustashry as Laurens is now match fit as it were.

Guildsman as a speculative in the Coventry.

Battaash (nap) in the Kings stand (providing he doesn't act up in the preliminaries).

Too Darn Hot in the St James Palace.

2 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Goodnight folks :lol:  

should have stuck with my first few sentences. Total lottery

Snap.

That didn't go too well, just went out like a light !!

Anyone who gets the winner in the Queen Mary Stakes deserves double the odds this is honestly the most ridiculous race on paper I have ever looked at. As it stands there is 27 runners. 13 of these runners are undefeated. 10 of these have 1 run to their name and the other 3 went on to win their second race. Amongst the other 14 runners there are multiple winners of 1 or more races and plenty with place form during their few starts. When you have a 33/1 shot winning 2-2 and 3 40/1 shots all winning their only start I have absolutely no interest in guessing the potential winner going by breeding, jockey bookings and yard from. It’s just an absolute head waster. 

Me I’m simply going for the good old Godolphin Blue and they have 4 runners. The current bookies favourite and one that is widely tipped is the Saeed Bin Suroor trained final song. Won on debut and that was on tomorrow projected soft going. We then have the “lesser” known Irish trainer McCreery who has a potential star in Ickworth. 2-2 and a good listed win latest. Charlie Appleby saddles two runners. Divine Spirit easily won it’s only start posting a good time. Theory of Time also won easily on its only start and looked to have plenty to spare. Theory of Time is the biggest price horse of the 4 but with James Doyle on board it could be the one I’m leaning towards. 

Good luck and I think we will need it. Could sit and make cases for the field all day and the more I look the worse it gets so simply Godolphin for me. 

Over to you guys what’s the opinions?