Lthv 17/18

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Still no licence for LTHV on the latest SFA update printed today.

Doesn't seem like a big update, promoted teams haven't moved section, and only 7 clubs' status outside the SPFL have changed since last month.

Compare: May update - June update

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Can I clarify  of the clubs applying to join  have any actually been granted admission to the EoS or is that down to final acceptance at tonight's AGM?

The 13 who originally applied and the first 4 "late applicants" have already been accepted. The others should be accepted tonight.

33 minutes ago, Marten said:

The 13 who originally applied and the first 4 "late applicants" have already been accepted. The others should be accepted tonight.

Cheers - so currently sitting at a perfect 32 (15 EoS and 17 new Applicants).

14 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Cheers - so currently sitting at a perfect 32 (15 EoS and 17 new Applicants).

It's 13 EoS (12 from last season + relegated Hawick) & 17 new applicants, so 30 in total.

(I could have missed 1 or 2 having been confirmed as accepted, but as far as I know these numbers are currently correct)

1 hour ago, Marten said:

It's 13 EoS (12 from last season + relegated Hawick) & 17 new applicants, so 30 in total.

(I could have missed 1 or 2 having been confirmed as accepted, but as far as I know these numbers are currently correct)

Thanks - 30/32 either way - my question was largely answered with your original reply.

There was a suggestion going the rounds that there may be some resistance to more than 32 and a desire to run only 2 parallel leagues rather than 3 (3 x 13 = 39). 

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Thanks - 30/32 either way - my question was largely answered with your original reply.

There was a suggestion going the rounds that there may be some resistance to more than 32 and a desire to run only 2 parallel leagues rather than 3 (3 x 13 = 39). 

I think the EOS want the worst disruption over in 1 season. If the late applicants would be told to wait a year, teams like yourselves & Bo'ness would join the year after at tier 7 and probably rack up loads of double figure victories. That doesn't seem a very desirable situation. You might as well have 1 very messy season and then have it over & done with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could somebody in the know please edit the following LOTHIAN THISTLE HUTCHIE VALE squad so that it features current players please?  Many thanks, DG

STUART COOPER

KAI WILSON

KEVIN BROWN

REES SMITH

OMAR ALI

SAMUEL NHAMBURO

DYLAN MOORE

FERNANDO MENDAS

TONY MUIR

PAUL CRAWFORD

RYAN HUTCHISON

JORDAN MUNGALL

GRANT MUNRO

LIAM O’DONNELL

ADRIAN SHALA

KEVIN SWAIN

SEAN WRINGE

Really pleased to see coverage of this.

Half a century ago next year Lloyds & Scottish were a newly-founded works team in the bottom level of the Lothian amateurs. Indeed it's said they almost folded at the end of the first season.

Now, after mergers with Wardie Ams and Hutchison Vale Boys Club... via council pitches, Campbell Park and finally the wide - if often moist - expanses of Saughton Enclosure... having turned senior for 1995-96 and won the EOS League thrice in recent seasons... and after 3 recent runs in the Scottish Cup, including beating Montrose and Stirling Albion and hosting St Mirren... they have become a licensed full member of the SFA. Not only that but Tom Allison has been there from the start to the finish. What a story and what a journey that is - and what an adventure too.

Picture_002.jpg
1992-team.jpg

1997-team-pennypit.jpg

LTHV-PREMIER-TOM.jpg

DlDZDAFX4AA-wQZ.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Feel a bit sorry for them.  Clearly a level above the EoS for years and they finally get licensed just as 25 new clubs join. 

Only really clearly above the EoS in 13-14 when the LL was created - after that they won the title in 14-15 on goal difference, then won by 6 points in 16-17 but would've had to play Edusport to gain promotion. At least they have the guaranteed Scottish Cup place.

I would say Lothian Thistle/LTHV were a level above the EoS of the last 5 years. Just by the fact that the Lowland League's creation put them down a level. They got promoted from the EoS First in 1996/97 and were never relegated from the EoS Premier.

Compare that 16 season record to some of the clubs that have been in the Lowland League and LTHV should have been in the Lowland League on the basis of their on the field performances.