Lthv 17/18

Hope they get their license, win the league and f**k off to the LL, they deserve it, they've been a credit to our league.  Awebidy in the EOS will have a sigh of relief as they must be sick of getting pumped aff them, they're different gravy 

On 25/08/2017 at 12:58, Whitburn Vale said:

How are LTHV getting on with the ground works at Saughton enclosure?

Hopeful of gaining their license by the end of this season?

Don't think there's much expectation... 

I'm not really in favour of teams groundsharing to get a licence but wouldn't LTHV consider groundsharing to gain promotion to the Lowland League?  There are already a few teams in the Lowland League without a ground of their own.  Civil Service and Edinburgh Uni both have licensed grounds so they could be options to share with.  If they got into the Lowland League then it would help them financially as well as help them keep their best players and they could try to bring Saughton Park up to licensing standards in the meantime.

The issue at the moment is that you could potentially see an unlicensed team like LTHV regularly winning the league and preventing promotion for other teams.  They should really let the highest licensed team get promoted (as long as they finish in, say, the top three) but I'm sure that it won't happen any time soon.

Edited by stanley

1 minute ago, stanley said:

I'm not really in favour of teams groundsharing to get a licence but wouldn't LTHV consider groundsharing to gain promotion to the Lowland League?  There are already a few teams in the Lowland League without a ground of their own.  Civil Service and Edinburgh Uni both have licensed grounds so they could be options to share with.  If they got into the Lowland League then it would help them financially as well as help them keep their best players and they could try to bring Saughton Park up to licensing standards in the meantime.

The issue at the moment is that you could potentially see an unlicensed team like LTHV regularly winning the league and preventing promotion for other teams.  They should really let the highest licensed team get promoted (as long as they finish in, say, the top three) but I'm sure that it won't happen any time soon.

Yip stay where they are, piss the league year in year oot with its Scottish Cup benefits, meanwhile no even attempting a license. Unless more Kelty s come across and wi no pressure put on them for a license  I'd say they're quite happy where they are. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yip stay where they are, piss the league year in year oot with its Scottish Cup benefits, meanwhile no even attempting a license. Unless more Kelty s come across and wi no pressure put on them for a license  I'd say they're quite happy where they are. 

i thought lothian were working towards a licence

Interested that you think it's winnable as don't know enough about Highland league.

I was up at Huntly game dew years ago but thought they were fairly awful. Would say lthv are stronger now than then but don't know of Inverurie are better than Huntly from a few years ago. Tough one to predict. 

15 hours ago, rigano said:

Interested that you think it's winnable as don't know enough about Highland league.

I was up at Huntly game dew years ago but thought they were fairly awful. Would say lthv are stronger now than then but don't know of Inverurie are better than Huntly from a few years ago. Tough one to predict. 

LTHV have consistently shown themselves to be top-end LL standard in the cups. Their first season in the Scottish Cup didn't come to much but last time out they beat Kelty the East Junior champions; Montrose; and Huntly who admittedly were in the bottom handful of places in HL. This season they have again beaten Kelty, again the East Junior champions. ILW finished 9th in HL last season, currently 8th, so it looks an interesting tie IMO.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:11, rigano said:

Huntly have been pretty poor in recent years. Locos had a poor start and although they have hit a bit of form in the past few weeks I think it's too early to judge their likely position in the Highland league this season. I agree it's a tough one to predict - difficult to assess and compare teams from different leagues.

• 2 weeks later...