Queens Park v Stranraer

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

First 30 was woeful and I was trying to figure out how an86 would defend Gus for losing all nine games for the first quarter of the season when Gus decided that Burns was definitely not a defender and switched Bailey to left and push Sean up the park. Team had a much better balance after that and the momentum kept building throughout the second. Pitch tightened up, strong early tackles, started passing the ball through the middle, et voila.

My sincere apologies for placing my trust in the guy who has taken us from 10th in League Two to two playoff finals, a promotion, and had us challenging for top 4 in League One last season. Most unreasonable of me. Wish the guy who failed to get us promoted with the best QP team in years and then drove us into the ground like a dart was still here tbh. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a dream start,pretty gutted after the 90 mins.Really should have won it after our 2 goal lead,but poor defending for there first gave them hope just before H-T once again.Dissappointed not to see Grant Anderson out for the second half,obviously picked up an injury as he was giving QP left back a bit of a doing.The home side were unlucky 3 or 4 times in the second half and deserved there late equaliser.I think Okoh is running out of chances with Faz and to replace Kyle Turner with Okoh was a bad move I thought and the 11 at the end was a mix of 1st team and reserves,4 first team regulars missing and its only August,Brady looks a good wee player for QP.

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

Wish the guy who failed to get us promoted with the best QP team in years and then drove us into the ground like a dart was still here tbh. 

Careful Annie! That sarcasm may come back to haunt you if Gus finally (not for the want of trying) moves onto bigger and better things - there are still those on committee who will be happy to see their prodigal son return and it's a very short walk from Lesser!

Careful Annie! That sarcasm may come back to haunt you if Gus finally (not for the want of trying) moves onto bigger and better things - there are still those on committee who will be happy to see their prodigal son return and it's a very short walk from Lesser!

I'm glad somebody knows what he's on about [emoji848]

Happy of course to have taken something from the game and should've could've had all 3points.
Baffled by the substitution of Orr by Mcpherson.
Was it due to an off target shot - surely not?
Not seen anyone in the league that we couldn't give a game and get a result with the passion shown today.

13 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Maybe needs to make this decision more often. Night and day.

Agreed. Anywhere but defence. Burns was being roasted and then after moving he contributed as much as anyone. Surely Gus will take note. I also thought Green contributed more than McVey who was mostly invisible.

Beginning of better times ahead?

14 hours ago, monthe blues said:

How many shots has Belford let underneth him lately

You'd think with that belly, it would be his show-stopper. 

But seriously, horrible performance, especially in the 2nd half. 

Weird how if you are 2 goals up and you draw it's a disaster, whereas the other way round, it's a victory. 

Weird how if you are 2 goals up and you draw it's a disaster, whereas the other way round, it's a victory

Quite - after the first eight minutes I'd already resigned myself to relegation as the game seemed to be a continuation of the disaster versus Albion Rovers. Kudos to Gus for changing things, and getting it spot on with a back four that featured central defenders as central defenders, a right back at right back and Bailey swapped from right wing back, where he'd been dodgy, to left back, where he was good.

Deserved MOM award for Brady, not only for the goal that got us back into the game, but for a great all round second half performance. The equalizer (and it felt like a winner) was a goal for the ages, trundling deliciously over the line as a great big GIRUY to the time wasting goalie and defender.

Grounds for optimism at the end of the game. Lots of hard work ahead but the player's attitude in the second half fight back was very impressive. Brady on fire, Galt relatively quiet but nearly winning the game with a fantastic run right at the death, and Duff looked good when he came on. All bow down to Sean Burns for his sheer persistence in getting the ball across for that glorious equalizer.

And we've got the poshest scoreboards in Scotland complete with adverts for Hampden Taxis, the Ali Shan, and a stream of informative factoids. All we need is adverts for The Clockwork and I'll be in hog heaven.

What did people think of the poem at the start, I usually don't make kickoff, is this new?

It went on too long - I think it delayed the kick off by a minute or two. Could be timed better if they decide to repeat it.

It wasn't a poem. It was the text of a letter written by the first secretary of QP accepting an invitation from the secretary of Thistle Football Club to a challenge match between the two clubs in 1868. This was the first Association Football match between two Scottish clubs. Queen's won 2-0.

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 11:43, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You'd think with that belly, it would be his show-stopper. 

But seriously, horrible performance, especially in the 2nd half. 

Weird how if you are 2 goals up and you draw it's a disaster, whereas the other way round, it's a victory. 

Yeah he was about as mobile as an IKEA wardrobe against us, that was the  Saturday we ran out of pies.

Funny guy though, had some great banter with the Raith fans.

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Yeah he was about as mobile as an IKEA wardrobe against us, that was the  Saturday we ran out of pies.

Funny guy though, had some great banter with the Raith fans.

Cammy is now in his 3rd season with us.On his day a very good goalkeeper and a great shot stopper,although last Saturday wasn't his best day at the office it happens to every Goalie.I sometimes smile when he gets called tubby etc,I have been in his company and wish I had his weight problem,his outfits sometimes do him an injustice,I think Andy Goram was probably bigger than him.Dont see the point in moaning about time wasting,every team in the World does it from the Premiership to the dog and duck League in Brighton,you don't like to see it against you but if your team does it's fine.

3 hours ago, NathanQP said:

What did people think of the poem at the start, I usually don't make kickoff, is this new?

The club made a series of them last season for the 150th anniversary. See the link below. I'm sure we'll see more of them...

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=1020

Ref's timing was impeccable at the kick-off. Turned out to be the only favour he did us all afternoon. 

For all that the burly netminder did his sack-of-spuds routine for the equaliser, remember his terrific reaction save during that spell where we also hit the post twice.

Had to laugh at the Blues' full back making a fuss to get the ball back to the centre after the goal when he and his team had tried to run down the clock for the previous 70 minutes.

A point's a point and I felt we shaded it slightly, but we desperately need a win to kick start the League campaign.

Some strange results on Saturday.

Archived